By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318
drkohler said:
Kasz216 said:
GameOver22 said:
drkohler said:
Soleron said:
The polls say Obama.

Malstrom says Romney.

So... Romney?

Apparently, Romney. The first rigged voting machine was discovered in Pa..
http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/06/machine-turns-vote-for-obama-into-one-for-romney/

Not sure about rigged. This has actually been reported to happen in past elections as wel.

It's just a calibration screen error.

I see them all the time at my work on Slot machines.

His story is BS.  The guy claims he goes into "troubeshoot mode" which is impossible without a control key... as if you could go into calibration mode without one, pretty much any jackass with any knowledge could go in and fuck up voting booths to screw with the candidates they disliked.   Republicans and democrats would get programmers in neighberhoods that were majority against them to go in and fuck up voting booths.

You'll note he doesn't actually show him doing anything he says... because he made it up.

Ahh. .a Republican..

Read the link. Watch youtube. Read the link again, this was real.

Uh no... its obviously calibration... if it where to "change the vote" because it was rigged it would do it after hitting submit

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
GameOver22 said:
haxxiy said:
I just ran a scenario where it ends 269:269 with Obama taking the midwest, Colorado and New Mexico and Romney taking most of the rest. Highly unlikely, but it would be fun. How the elections are decided if that was to be the case?

House chooses the president; Senate chooses the vice-president.

Mmm. Do they have to appoint among the pre-estabilished candidates according to the post they ran for? In theory could they, err... apoint Obama as vice? 

I'm almost certain they have to choose among the pre-established candidates for each post. Top three vote receivers for president are consider for president while the top two vice-presidential vote getters are considered for vice-presidency. Obviously, a bit of redundancy given that president and vice-president run on same ticket, but that wasn't the tradition prior to the 12th amendment.

GameOver22 said:
haxxiy said:
GameOver22 said:
haxxiy said:
I just ran a scenario where it ends 269:269 with Obama taking the midwest, Colorado and New Mexico and Romney taking most of the rest. Highly unlikely, but it would be fun. How the elections are decided if that was to be the case?

Mmm. Do they have to appoint among the pre-estabilished candidates according to the post they ran for? In theory could they, err... apoint Obama as vice? 

I'm almost certain they have to choose among the pre-established candidates for each post. Top three vote receivers for president are consider for president while the top two vice-presidential vote getters are considered for vice-presidency. Obviously, a bit of redundancy given that president and vice-president run on same ticket, but that wasn't the tradition prior to the 12th amendment.

Yeah, that would probably be it even in the case there isn't written law on the subject. It would be fun though haha.

haxxiy said:
GameOver22 said:
haxxiy said:
GameOver22 said:
haxxiy said:

Yeah, that would probably be it even in the case there isn't written law on the subject. It would be fun though haha.

We could always use some more excitement. : )

drkohler said:
Kasz216 said:
GameOver22 said:
drkohler said:
Soleron said:
The polls say Obama.

Malstrom says Romney.

So... Romney?

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/11/06/machine-turns-vote-for-obama-into-one-for-romney/

Not sure about rigged. This has actually been reported to happen in past elections as wel.

It's just a calibration screen error.

I see them all the time at my work on Slot machines.

His story is BS.  The guy claims he goes into "troubeshoot mode" which is impossible without a control key... as if you could go into calibration mode without one, pretty much any jackass with any knowledge could go in and fuck up voting booths to screw with the candidates they disliked.   Republicans and democrats would get programmers in neighberhoods that were majority against them to go in and fuck up voting booths.

You'll note he doesn't actually show him doing anything he says... because he made it up.

Ahh. .a Republican..

Uh, I did... and note that he shows no proof of anything he said in his link... because well it was just a calibration issue.

He doesn't show it working for Stein.   He doesn't show the "troubleshoot mode."

It's a blantant fake. 

I mean, how many voting booths do you think would be fucked up if anyone with a begginers knowledge in the software could just enter administrator modes at will?

Additionally, if it was rigged to turn votes to romney... why would it show this on screen?

Why wouldn't it say you voted for Obama on the screen... then secretly cast your vote for Romney.

That would make a lot more sense now wouldn't it?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
drkohler said:

Ahh. .a Republican..

Uh, I did... and note that he shows no proof of anything he said in his link... because well it was just a calibration issue.

He doesn't show it working for Stein.   He doesn't show the "troubleshoot mode."

It's a blantant fake. 

I mean, how many voting booths do you think would be fucked up if anyone with a begginers knowledge in the software could just enter administrator modes at will?

Additionally, if it was rigged to turn votes to romney... why would it show this on screen?

Why wouldn't it say you voted for Obama on the screen... then secretly cast your vote for Romney.

That would make a lot more sense now wouldn't it?

He only taps in one place if he wanted to prove something he should have tapped in a lot of random places (away from submit) on the screen

First exit polss coming any minute...

GameOver22 said:
drkohler said:
Soleron said:
The polls say Obama.

Malstrom says Romney.

So... Romney?

I don't get why you lot don't just use paper ballots, these machines can be easily hacked you know

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Lostplanet22 said:
First exit polss coming any minute...

Looks like Romney got Virgina. 53% said he would handle economy better and 49% said obama care should be repealed. (opposed to 46% said it shouldnt)

I think most exit polling is in Obama's favor slightly here...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57546031/early-exit-polls-60-percent-say-economy-top-issue/