By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I tried WiiU today

Tagged games:

ryuzaki57 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:
"the buttons layout seemed unnatural (to far from each other and from the edge of the controller). It was kind of uncomfortable and I'm not sure I could shoot my way through multiples agressive zombies like that."

That's what concerns me when I look at the Wii U controller. The weight I could get used to, I play with a pillow on my lap, anyway, to support my hands, but the motion required to reach some of the buttons looks uncomfortable. Does ZombieU support the classic controller?

I wouldn't worry much about the graphical prowess of the launch games, though, I'm sure that will improve quickly.

ZombiU supports the Pro controller. I used it myself at New York Comic Con. And it works very well. Although my right thumb kept missing the right analog stick because of my Xbox 360 muscle memory :)

ZombiU has remarquable features with the gamepad, it would lose all its sense with a pro controller. As I said, it's probably a matter of getting used to it. Unlike Ninja Gaiden, it's somewhat slow-paced.

You're definitely right about the slow pace. It was very unusual, and I had to make some adjustments. But I think that's what makes the game special. Your character isn't superhuman. His aim isn't great, he tires easily. It feels like real survival horror.

And you're also right about the unique features of the GamePad, but in this instance I was using the pro controller in a versus mode: my friend was placing zombies with the GamePad, and I was playing as the survivor trying to hold various spots on the map. Needless to say I didn't survive very long.

Around the Network
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
This actually makes me feel better about the Wii U.

Deja vu, anyone?

What is this deja-vu thing about? Someone puts me in the loop.

ryuzaki57 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:
"the buttons layout seemed unnatural (to far from each other and from the edge of the controller). It was kind of uncomfortable and I'm not sure I could shoot my way through multiples agressive zombies like that."

That's what concerns me when I look at the Wii U controller. The weight I could get used to, I play with a pillow on my lap, anyway, to support my hands, but the motion required to reach some of the buttons looks uncomfortable. Does ZombieU support the classic controller?

I wouldn't worry much about the graphical prowess of the launch games, though, I'm sure that will improve quickly.

ZombiU supports the Pro controller. I used it myself at New York Comic Con. And it works very well. Although my right thumb kept missing the right analog stick because of my Xbox 360 muscle memory :)

ZombiU has remarquable features with the gamepad, it would lose all its sense with a pro controller. As I said, it's probably a matter of getting used to it. Unlike Ninja Gaiden, it's somewhat slow-paced.

This is good to hear, as i remember you being a rather vocal critic of ZombiU specifically about 5 months ago.

On the matter of aliasing, it could be possible that the systems weren't set up entirely properly. Wii U is supposed to have AA, afaik.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:

You're definitely right about the slow pace. It was very unusual, and I had to make some adjustments. But I think that's what makes the game special. Your character isn't superhuman. His aim isn't great, he tires easily. It feels like real survivial horror.

And you're also right about the unique features of the GamePad, but in this instance I was using the pro controller in a versus mode: my friend was placing zombies with the GamePad, and I was playing as the survivor trying to hold various spots on the map. Needless to say I didn't survive very long.

I see. Again I still think it's the best pick for future WiiU owners.

osed125 said:

You are probably the only person I heard that says the GamePad is heavy....everyone else says is extremely light.

And the buttons is just a matter of getting used to, you're probably so used to the Dualshock or the 360 controller that you can't hold anything else, which is something bad imo.

At store demos it doesn't have a battery. It still may be light without being plugged in but it would defiently be heavier than what most of us have experienced.

The buttons are in no way just a matter of getting used to if you don't like them at first. If they feel bad, they feel bad. The only thing that changes with time is you get used to them feeling bad.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
RolStoppable said:
This actually makes me feel better about the Wii U.

people are expecting innovation from you, not an old recycled post from a different thread

It's called irony and, in its own way, it's a lot more innovative--and effective--when used correctly, than some off-the-wall, random, comment.

osed125 said:

You are probably the only person I heard that says the GamePad is heavy....everyone else says is extremely light.

And the buttons is just a matter of getting used to, you're probably so used to the Dualshock or the 360 controller that you can't hold anything else, which is something bad imo.

It's just what I felt. But thinking it through you're right, weight hardly matters : I was standing today at the show, but at home I would be siiting and it will be less of a problem.

JoeTheBro said:
osed125 said:

At store demos it doesn't have a battery. It still may be light without being plugged in but it would defiently be heavier than what most of us have experienced.

The buttons are in no way just a matter of getting used to if you don't like them at first. If they feel bad, they feel bad. The only thing that changes with time is you get used to them feeling bad.

Please, God, tell me this is a joke and/or a really bad attempt at a troll. Please. I beg of you. Nobody could write something this utterly inane without it being a troll. Right?

Interesting, as I found the GamePad to be surprisingly light for its size (as it is quite large). The Pad takes some time to get used due due to its size and shape, but I quickly got used to it and had no problems playing Rayman Legends. It molded to my hands quite nicely. The GamePad's screen was also extremely crisp and clean. I guess I was so used to the DS and 3DS touch screens.

Really solidified my purchase even more.

By the way, Rayman Legends is gorgeous. Shocking news, I know. But it was also very fun to play as well. Can't wait for it next year. ^_^

Saw thread title, immediatly knew what was going on. feelsgoodman.jpg

What is it with you Sony guys that you need your own threads for everything to express your feelings? We already had the "I'm a Sony guy and I played the Wii U today and it totally suxx ass"-thread.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.