By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Puzzled As To Why Anyone Would Want A New F-Zero

Tagged games:

archbrix said:
TakeMeToTheHospital said:
Wave Race is way better than f-zero!!!

For me it goes:

Waverace 64 > F-Zero GX >>>>> F-Zero X > Waverace: Blue Storm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> F-Zero (SNES/GBA)

The thing is, if they outsourced F-Zero to Sega once again (which yielded the best results for the series IMHO), Nintendo themselves could develop a new Waverace, and then we'd have both.  Neither game had a version on the Wii and both games need to be on WiiU.

WaveRace: Blue Storm is one of my fav games of all time lol. Wave Race 64 is amazing though. Both are incredible games. 

Around the Network

Blue storm anyday, but WR64 was a little revolution, credit for that

pokeclaudel said:
I don't understand why anyone would want one either. I've tried playing several of them and they are not anything special.

It's the same with PS2 games. I don't understand why anyone would want one either. I've tried playing several of them and they are not anything special.

Hint: Neither you nor Miyamoto need to understand why people want something. As long as they can verify there is a demand for it, they should make it.

Nintendo would rather make things that NO ONE has asked for. Like Wii Music 2 or Metroid Other M 2.

You know, this explains why Star Fox died a creeping feature death; if Miyamoto doesn't believe in making a game unless you can add something to it. Star Fox started as an on rails space shooter, and became an on rails space shooter with tank and submarine missions, and then became an on rails shooter with tank and submarine missions, and then on foot missions.

The problem was, nobody wanted on foot missions. They were lame. They need a Starfox Freespace. Take Star Fox off the rails.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Crono141 said:
if Miyamoto doesn't believe in making a game unless you can add something to it.

He's even said the only reason he worked on NSMB Wii was so he could add four player multiplayer. This is Miyamoto in one sentence and I wish all his fans could see that.

I think CoD is proof enough that high quality yearly installments of much the same game are very worth making.

Around the Network

So, no new F-Zero for at least several years, then.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It can 'evolve' by providing the following:

1) Decent online multiplayer

2) Local multiplayer that isn't splitscreen

We could do with another Wave Race too.

Soleron said:
pokeclaudel said:
I don't understand why anyone would want one either. I've tried playing several of them and they are not anything special.

It's the same with PS2 games. I don't understand why anyone would want one either. I've tried playing several of them and they are not anything special.

Hint: Neither you nor Miyamoto need to understand why people want something. As long as they can verify there is a demand for it, they should make it.

Nintendo would rather make things that NO ONE has asked for. Like Wii Music 2 or Metroid Other M 2.

these comments are so silly its funny. Why even bring PS2 or any other system into it? are you gonna get a rise out of pokeclaudel? Probably doesnt even care about PS2 anyway, at least not like that?

FYI i dont see any Wii Music or Other M sequel, so not sure what you are talking about.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
morenoingrato said:
This kinda proves that in Nintendo, Miyamoto does whatever the hell he wants.

How does his statement prove that?

Because if he doesn't feel like F-Zero will work, no one wants to do it. If he thinks Wii Music 2 is a good idea, it will be done.

As much as I like Nintendo,
F-Zero sucks. It's a mediocre racing game.