By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy a product without knowing its specs?

Tagged games:

I still don't know what was in the snes... But the genesis had blast processing so I guess that one is better.. But who cares about specs man.. We had toy story quality graphics with the PS2!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
I have never ever ever ever have known the specs of my purchased consoles and still dont. neither do I care.

Ha.  Was literally just about to type this.  I've never truly known the specs of any of the consoles I've owned.  Even as a regular forum go-er.  So yes, I regularly do buy products without knowing the specs.

I highly doubt most people actually know the specs of anything they buy until after they buy it. Even for computers themselves. Sure, there are a lot of people who research it, but don't you ever think that maybe they are the smaller percentage of the people who buy these things?

I think the whole ignorance to specs is much more prevalent to consoles, and releasing specs may just cause more problems than it fixes (when there were some specs revealed, or rumored specs, shit hit the fan hard).

I doubt that most people would even know what the specs mean, so what's the point? I'm not buying the Wii U for the specs. The specs aren't what's making me buy it. I only care about the specs because it's interesting to know, that's all.

you know, most people dont understand "specs" and hardware, coming to think about it, the only piece of hardware i bought while knowing some specs about is my cell phone. i dont really care for specs if the product performs as it should

I own a Wii, 360, and a PS3 and don't know their specs. I buy consoles for the games.

Around the Network

For games consoles the specs dont really matter because you can't really upgrade them till they bring out a new version. 

It IS all about the games. Therefore I have NO interest in the WiiU at all, since being overwhelmed by awesome titles already available on the current HD consoles (which I don't really know the specs of too).

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

Specs are for PC culture, where it actually makes sense to be interested in them. Since you can't easily swap out your console's components, obsessing over specifications is rather pointless, and perhaps even pitiful.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I didn't know specs for any console or phone I have ever bought til I had it. Most of it is about public perception, and I buy comps with the right specs because its a lot of money.

This is about the weakest troll I've *ever* seen, and I've been on the Internet for 20+ years (and BBS' before that), so congratulations on the most nonsensical attempt at talking down a game console in Internet history.

(And as others have noted, who cares about the specs of a game machine when its purpose is to play games, which is the deciding factor, not what's under the hood--if you were serious, and not trolling, this would be like being concerned about whether the shoe in Monopoly is made of tin or stainless steel.)