By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The cause of 360 failures? Part duh.

Gazz said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ Gazz, hasn't the new chipset gone a long way to solve their problems?

From a marketing point of view it has. With several websies receiving the new chipset and writing reviews based on mild usage for a few hours customers reclaim their confidence in the brand. From a hardware point of view it hasn't made a significant change.

How do you know that the new chipset isn't a significant change?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Gazz said:
Munkeh111 said:

From a marketing point of view it has. With several websies receiving the new chipset and writing reviews based on mild usage for a few hours customers reclaim their confidence in the brand. From a hardware point of view it hasn't made a significant change.

As it has been introduced, no one will really be able to know for a while, but it must be an improvement

rocketpig said:
Gazz said:
Munkeh111 said:

First off, I never claimed it wouldn't make a change. The new GPU is a well developed piece opposite to their old GPU which was............ Well, we can all think of a catching word for it.

The reason that the 360 overheats however is a sum of it's part and isn't just based on a single factor. Read the article and you will see there are several components that can lead to RROD. Decreasing any heatsource will effectively slow down the process, but it won't stop it. All we have to do is wait for a new AAA game to appear on the market, and a new tidalwave will appear.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

wiiforever said:
Legend11 said:
There is already another thread about this topic.

no there isn't

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14918

Who cares, this thread is just cooler then those.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network

Good thing I dont have a 360

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

An important note to ... note? is that this guy is the same source that said that Microsoft and Bungie were parting a week before they actually did.
This guy has something going for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

You must be blessed. A mod locked an identical topic then banned the guy when he reposted it!

ferret1603 said:
You must be blessed. A mod locked an identical topic then banned the guy when he reposted it!

I did that. I have no problem with the article itself, just the way it was posted in the other thread. It was used as a flame tool instead of actually trying to discuss what was said in the article. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Well, I still think from a business perspective, it might have been a smart move (although I morally have an issue releasing something I know is sub par).

Doing what they did allowed them to release there console a year before they should have. This gave them a year with no rivals. It also caused Sony to rush there console to market before they wanted to. Before they could develop there software tools, and making them stuff PS2 hardware for BC.

It's a double edged sword though, as Sony did take a huge hit in the gaming world due to MS forcing the PS3 to market early, It allowed Sony to get 9 million BR players out there, and thus helped Sony with the Format war.

So if you add up all the pluses for MS, releasing Junk hardware was a smart business move.

Funny, they have been releasing junk software for years and turning a huge profit, mine as well try it on the hardware side too! ;)