By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Strategy Meeting

Those instructions in the first post weren't very unique.

They could be applied to the Xbox 360 as well.

Also, the PS3 isn't the winning side, not by a longshot. Being a fanboy is alright, but tricking yourself is not.

Around the Network

Your strategy should include making Sony reintroduce backwards compatibility to PAL consoles. When that happens and the price comes down I'll buy one. If it doesn't, I won't.

ferret1603 said:
Your strategy should include making Sony reintroduce backwards compatibility to PAL consoles. When that happens and the price comes down I'll buy one. If it doesn't, I won't.

true story. Though I live in the US and already have a PS3, I think that its unfair to everyone else that they only have the 40GB option. I think Sony should release the 80GB SKU worldwide, because bc is still a big deal for a lot of people.

This thread is funny. It ends just like every other thread, as an argument between fanboys. I'm surprised there aren't more xbox fanboys.

I vote that everybody from all aspects of gaming join together, have fun, play some games, and eat some cake. Or, don't make the console war feel like a console war, have fun with all systems.

Then again, I guess I'm a little skewed because my room mates have a 360 and a Wii and together we have the full experience, but the cake part can still happen.

Around the Network
PDF said:

***WARNING********************(ONLY SONY FANBOYS ALLOWED)*********************WARNING***

Welcome Troops.  This is out 1st annual Sony Strategy Meeting.

You may be woundering why I created this thread.  I created this thread so we could Strategize on the upcoming year.  So we could plan on how to bring PS3 domination to the World.

We are the footsoldiers of the PS3 Nation.  It is our job to spread the word of the PS3 and its greatness.

Targets rank in order of importance.

1. PS2 owners:  The most important people we need to convert to the winning side of the ps3.  They already own a playstation and have yet to fully understand the power of next gen.  They are the biggest group and the easiest to get to convert.  Tell them about the great exclusives of 08 and show them the power with already great titles like CoD4 and Uncharted.

2. Wii owners:  They have boughten a next gen system but they still havnt really had a taste of the beautiful graphics the ps3 hardware can dish out.  Explain to them why they must have 2 next gen sytems to be complete.  Show them the Power of rhe Ps3 and tell them about its great games like FFXIII and R2.

3. Xbox owners:  They are MS fans thats why they bought the xbox but if they havnt moved to the 360 yet somthing has them unsure about the 360.  Tell them why they can feel sure about getting a ps3 with no doubt.  They have yet to witness next gen so you can use that as a focal point and explain how the ps3 is more powerful that may been what attrracted them to the xbox over the ps2.

These are you targets men.  Go and convince them to buy a ps3 in the name of all that is good.

Uninvited Wii user invading:

1. All those games you loved on PS2? Only the PS3 will have the sequels to ALL of them (cross fingers on Kingdom Hearts 3)?

2. All those crappy third party games you bought for the Wii? Sell 'em and use the money for a PS3.

3. Losers. PS3 don't need you. We'll be over here playing with our BluRay player, and Metal Gear and free online. And no, you can't watch.

misterd said:

Uninvited Wii user invading:

1. All those games you loved on PS2? Only the PS3 will have the sequels to ALL of them (cross fingers on Kingdom Hearts 3)?

2. All those crappy third party games you bought for the Wii? Sell 'em and use the money for a PS3.

3. Losers. PS3 don't need you. We'll be over here playing with our BluRay player, and Metal Gear and free online. And no, you can't watch.

You know, it'd probably be better if you didn't exacerbate an already trollish post from somebody else. 

misterd is a frickin TERD!!!!!! why not buy all 3????? that's what i did!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
NJ5 said:
krik said:
Actually I found out that 360 owners are not that hard to convert (except Xbox fanboys). I already converted 5 and the 6th will buy a PS3 today.

I normally do full day sessions of PS3 gaming at my place. I invite lots of friends and co-workers (most of them 360 owners) and they love it. It's pretty easy to convince people to buy a PS3 when you let them play the games (something retail stores fail to do properly, all retail stores close to me still have Motorstorm).

I also found out Warhawk has the most impact on their decision to buy a PS3 (especially Halo fans love Warhawk). From 5 of my friends that bought a PS3 in the past few months 3 did it because of Warhawk (of course Ratchet and Uncharted helped).

As a side note, most of my co-workers that own a Wii or a 360 are buying a PS3 this year.

Since they're buying more than one current-gen console (and in some cases more than one HD console), I think we can safely say that your co-workers are not representative of the market. Do you work at a technology company?

Yes I do. Today I actually got a 2nd PS3 (40Gb to do some Linux CELL development) and one of my colleagues got one too (he got his to play games, rofl, he borrowed Resistance and Uncharted from me).

I know my co-workers are not representative but it's all I know about :)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

daactualfact said:
misterd is a frickin TERD!!!!!! why not buy all 3????? that's what i did!!!

I plan on buying a 360 soon. My wife will likely buy a PS3 when FF13 is released. I have always said that it is my wish for all 3 consoles to prove successful. But none of that is in the spirit of this thread.