By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Strategy Meeting

Soriku said:
makingmusic476 said:
Montana, you're a big Tekken fan?

I remember Tekken for the PS1. Good times. PS1 was awesome

Tekken Tag is my favorite so far, though it looks like Tekken 6 is set to impress. :D

Of course, all fighters pale in comparison to SSB. :P

Around the Network

Yessir, i have converted and shown the light to a few heretics. 2 Wii owners, 1 Xbox lover (he was blinded...took me a year to bring that suckah down) and 2 Xbox fans on process. I will await my 70k gil when I finish converting the naive.

LeonGama Out.

SIEG SONY! :)

lol this thread is class. We could do with Yoda to mind wash every1. Bill gates making PS3 announcements lmao

Ynwa.

Yoda: "PS3 want you buy.... but miss you out then on my SC IV in..."

what would be better, Darth Vader (while force chocking): "you will buy a PS3"

Everyone that has not yet converted,you should buy a ps3 because:

1.) great games out now (uncharted, resistance, ratchet and clank, cod4, warhawk, motorstorm)

2.) great games to come (killzone 2, resistance 2, final fantasy 13, gran turismo 5, haze, infamous, grand theft auto 4, and of course METAL GEAR SOLID 4).

3.) media storage - store your favorite photos, videos, and music and listen to it whenever, and you have a large hardrive to store it all on, which you can upgrade with almost any plainold laptop hardrive.

4.) Free Online- free access to the playstation store, and play people online for free, no subscription charge like the 360.

5. blu ray player- if you have an hd tv, its the cheapest blu ray player on the market, and its a video game console to boot!

6. playstation home- meet new people, watch movie trailers, and have your own personal trophy room in playstation home. with your own 3d avatar, you can chat and interact with other avatars, and play games like chess and bowling with them.

all in all... PLAYSTATION RULEZZZZ

Around the Network

dannyphantom105 said:
Everyone that has not yet converted,you should buy a ps3 because:

1.) great games out now (uncharted, resistance, ratchet and clank, cod4, warhawk, motorstorm)
COD4is like the only good game out of that list

2.) great games to come (killzone 2, resistance 2, final fantasy 13, gran turismo 5, haze, infamous, grand theft auto 4, and of course METAL GEAR SOLID 4). - not that great - ook

3.) media storage - store your favorite photos, videos, and music and listen to it whenever, and you have a large hardrive to store it all on, which you can upgrade with almost any plainold laptop hardrive. I'd rather get a laptop

4.) Free Online- free access to the playstation store, and play people online for free, no subscription charge like the 360. -Wii is too

5. blu ray player- if you have an hd tv, its the cheapest blu ray player on the market, and its a video game console to boot! - the only solid reason to get a PS3

6. playstation home- meet new people, watch movie trailers, and have your own personal trophy room in playstation home. with your own 3d avatar, you can chat and interact with other avatars, and play games like chess and bowling with them. - no really useful (yes, I will admit that Miis are useless)

all in all... PLAYSTATION RULEZZZZ - it did but not anymore

alright wii forever that one was actually kinda funny, but seriously you should stop trolling this ps3 fanboy only meeting.

to everyone else: use the outline i just said to explain to people why to buy a ps3. 

then, let them play a sweet game on your ps3 (ratchet or uncharted would be ideal).

next, show them a sweet metal gear solid 4 or killzone 2 trailer.

after the explaining and then the showing, they should be hooked. 

+++There's great games on every console, and most of those just sound like uninteresting violent shooting war shit.

2.) great games to come (killzone 2, resistance 2, final fantasy 13, gran turismo 5, haze, infamous, grand theft auto 4, and of course METAL GEAR SOLID 4).
+++Ditto on #1

3.) media storage - store your favorite photos, videos, and music and listen to it whenever, and you have a large hardrive to store it all on, which you can upgrade with almost any plainold laptop hardrive.
+++Like I need ANOTHER media storage device.

4.) Free Online- free access to the playstation store, and play people online for free, no subscription charge like the 360.
+++Free, but shitty with none of my friends.

5. blu ray player- if you have an hd tv, its the cheapest blu ray player on the market, and its a video game console to boot!
+++ Bluray is useless. I just buy HD movies from my TV.

6. playstation home- meet new people, watch movie trailers, and have your own personal trophy room in playstation home. with your own 3d avatar, you can chat and interact with other avatars, and play games like chess and bowling with them.
+++If I wanted that shit I'd play a social MMORPG.

/Besides that, I hate the PS3 controller so much I never want to use it. When I stopped being 12 my hands started being larger. Too large to use to PS3 controller with ease. Even the 360 feels small(I put the mini keyboard on to make it bigger)

Wes said:

+++There's great games on every console, and most of those just sound like uninteresting violent shooting war shit.

+++Ditto on #1

+++Free, but shitty with none of my friends.

+++ Bluray is useless. I just buy HD movies from my TV.

/Besides that, I hate the PS3 controller so much I never want to use it. When I stopped being 12 my hands started being larger. Too large to use to PS3 controller with ease. Even the 360 feels small(I put the mini keyboard on to make it bigger)

first of all, i mentioned some of teh shooters and stuff  because its what most people want and like.

second of all, games like little big planet (where you make your own world and then play it), singstar,

eye of judgement, folklore, africa, flow, and more games are unique types that break away from shooters.

3, online is great, have you played 40 player online with resistance? just not every game has it.

4, no blu ray is not useless, what if you wanted to take an hd movie to a friends house?

or what if they wanted to borrow it? and if your hard drive fails, what happens to your hd movies?

digital distrubution is not a longterm solution for building up a library of titles 

5. i mentioned all those things because together they make a great console, the 360 doesnt have all these.

6. Yes all the consoles have some good games, but sony has way more good games coming out in 08 and 

alot of them are from franchises people love, just ask the 120 million ps2 users and they'll say stuff about

metal gear solid 3, final fantasy, gran turismo, etc. 

7. dont make me talk about 360 failure rate, its been 5 weeks and my friend hasnt got his back yet.. 

8. why are you in the sony fanboy thread?

PDF said:
@ all the Spies from the nintendo can MS camp.
You did not listen to my Warning. ((ONLY SONY FANBOYS ALLOWED))
If you are not dedicated to the PS3 Empire you should leave.

Punishment for the heretics who choose to stay: (suggestions??)

@Footsoldiers in the PS3 Army

I am very glad to here about all your success. I personally have converted 2 for christmas. A xbox and ps2 owner. I am currently working on a 360 owner and a wii owner.

Get out there and continue to convert the blind. Teach them how to see. Open their eyes to the glorious PS3 Empire.

I'm currently working on my friend who still has a PS2. I'm gonna go over soon and try and make him see the light.

Wes said:

+++There's great games on every console, and most of those just sound like uninteresting violent shooting war shit. -R&C is a platformer/shooter with lots of humor. Uncharted is kindof a Tomb Raider/ Indiana Jones type thing. Motorstrom is a racing game with no shooting at all.

+++Ditto on #1

+++Free, but shitty with none of my friends. -Actually, as far as online gaming goes, I think its better than XBL because all of the devs use dedicated servers so you don't have to suffer if 1 person has dial up. As far as the PSN goes, yeah the interface needs a major makeover.

+++ Bluray is useless. I just buy HD movies from my TV. -Not so, Blu-ray has 25GB of storage on one layer which allows for more bang for your buck. My favorite 3 examples to use are Resistance: Fall of Man (launch title), Heavenly Sword, and Ratchet and Clank Future. These games are all great and use over 20GB (single layer). Keep in mind, that these were all released within a year of the PS3 launch. However, it does depend on the games you like, and not everyone likes those 3 games (though I'm sure there are more games that use the storage out there).