By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q2 FY2012 Earnings Announcement * $198m loss, 3.5m PS3 + PS2, 1.6m PSV + PSP *

Tagged games:

Tagging, this thread should be funny whether they made a profit or not.

Around the Network

This is what it will be. More losses and we won't find out PS3 hardware sales since they've bunched them with PS2 sales now.

The End.

kowenicki said:
I think your timer is wrong. It says 1 day and 7 hours... That would be 2.30pm not 5.30pm as it is currently 7.44am JST.

This other give me the same for 15:00 JST (6:00 am UK).

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=248&iso=20121101T15&msg=Sony%27s%20Q2%20FY2012%20Earnings%20Announcement

kowenicki said:

Ignore me, I thought it was released at 5.30 not 3.00pm.

The docs is released 3:00pm but the conference is 17:30pm.

I put 3:00pm because with the docs we already know almost everything about the conference.

so...what are peoples expectations?

Around the Network

I'm not expecting sunshine and rainbows, chaos.

But maybe a glimmer of hope. Currency is slightly up, sales are down, overhead is cut but won't be reflected yet, another big purchase is on the books this quarter.

I'd say anywhere from -200m to +50million.

So what does everyone think? Profits? Losses? If losses, more or less than last quarter of $312 million? I'm going to assume losses, around $100 million.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Tagging

And predicting 2.5M PS3 shipments (probably won't disclose it anyways now that there grouping PS2/3)
and 210M loss.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
I'm not expecting sunshine and rainbows, chaos.

But maybe a glimmer of hope. Currency is slightly up, sales are down, overhead is cut but won't be reflected yet, another big purchase is on the books this quarter.

I'd say anywhere from -200m to +50million.

dollars?

yeah, why is that too much for a quarter? too little? am i forgetting some purchase that would make it lower?

shall be very interesting. I really hope Sony turned it around atleast a little bit for this quarter.

Go Sony!