By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Disney Buys LucasFilm; New Star Wars Movie! ........ What? UPDATE: Lucas' Reign of Terror is OVER!

haxxiy said:
Boutros said:
Another bunch of Universal Studios attractions bitting the dust :/

Man, I still own a t-shirt of the old dueling dragons. Good times...

I remember buying a necklace of a dragon hand holding a gem, red for me and blue for my brother! lul

It's now a Harry Potter themed ride but it's just as fun!

Around the Network
pezus said:
d21lewis said:
Disney bought Marvel a few years back. Turned out pretty well for them, I hear.

And Pixar ;o

.... and Pixar is still the single greatest animated film creator. What's your point?

The last thing I wanna see in the new trilogy is more jar jar binks in scenes, and the overuse of CGI (which wasn't that good at the time). Those two things left a sour taste in my mouth from the last trilogy.

Disney, you're our only hope (no pun intended)

Augen said:
Wait...so are they making three films following "Return of the Jedi" or will it be a trilogy based in the Star Wars Universe? I am not sure about the former, but the latter could be very interesting.

Who will direct these?
My guess for front runners are Joss Whedon coming off of "Avengers" success (also owned by Disney) or possibly J J Abrams for his re-boot success of "Star Trek".

It won't be Whedon. He's directing Avengers 2 and is a creative consultant for all the other Marvel movies being made.

I also highly doubt it would be Abrams. The next Star Trek doesn't come out until next year and he's coming out with another movie that year as well. After that he'll be producing some movie called Earthquake. I don't think he'll have the time.

Who's next, Nintendo? o_O

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
Who's next, Nintendo? o_O

If WiiU fails to launch with really impressive numbers, people will be selling Nintendo stock and this actually could happen.   Would in fact be a very wise move and good fit for Disney.   If they leave Nintendo to run it's own show like they have with Marvel & Pixar then even that might not be a bad thing.  Plus they could put LucasArts and Disney game studios under Nintendo and up the quality all around (plus increase Nintendo's capacity quite a bit).

Disney is good, Star Wars is good, No more Lucas mucking things up is great. As a lifelong Star Wars and Disney fan I couldn't be happier about this. Disney, Marvel and Star Wars all under one roof!

BradleyJ said:
Augen said:
Wait...so are they making three films following "Return of the Jedi" or will it be a trilogy based in the Star Wars Universe? I am not sure about the former, but the latter could be very interesting.

Who will direct these?
My guess for front runners are Joss Whedon coming off of "Avengers" success (also owned by Disney) or possibly J J Abrams for his re-boot success of "Star Trek".

It won't be Whedon. He's directing Avengers 2 and is a creative consultant for all the other Marvel movies being made.

I also highly doubt it would be Abrams. The next Star Trek doesn't come out until next year and he's coming out with another movie that year as well. After that he'll be producing some movie called Earthquake. I don't think he'll have the time.

Peter Jackson, maybe? Or Tim Burton. I'd lol if it came to be the case.

In theory, this sounds awsome, but the more I think about it the more I start thinking that they will completly ruin the Star Wars franchise.

Episode 1-3 sucked, and I don't see how Disney could make them any better. Now a new trilogy, episode 7 means that this will be post-Darth Vader/Empire... No obi-wan, no Annakin, no palpatine and more importantly NO YODA! (unless they make him a ghost or something, wich would be even worst). This means only 2 options, creat a bunch of new character and new threats to the republic, or continue on Luke, Han-Solo and Lela's story and I never cared about any of these characters.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Sadly this didn't happen before "he" put the word "Noo" at the end of the battle between Luke and Darth..

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints