By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2nd debate, who won? Obama or Romney?

Who won the 2nd debate?

President Barack Obama 299 57.72%

Governor MItt Romney 149 28.76%

Nobody/tie 70 13.51%

Total:518
chocoloco said:

I am glad Candy called him out on lies because lies like this are wrong.

You know... I totally agree with your forum avatar, and I won't be voting for Mittrack O'Bomney, so I care not who won, but...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/cnns_candy_crowley_romney_was_actually_right_on_libya-comments.html

Around the Network
Crazymann said:
chocoloco said:

You know... I totally agree with your forum avatar, and I won't be voting for Mittrack O'Bomney, so I care not who won, but...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/cnns_candy_crowley_romney_was_actually_right_on_libya-comments.html

Thank you, what you might not know is it is also a slogan for the fight against breast cancer. So I like it for multiple reasons.

theprof00 said:
killerzX said:
Oh here's something BIg. Candy Crowly just admitted she was WRONG. in correcting Romney. She admitted that.

I know accept your apologies.

But she didn't, I just saw the video, she said she knows the quote and though eh didn't specifically refer to it as exactly saying "this was an act of terror", republicans are going to try to parse the meaning of what he said....which is exactly what you're doing.

i posted the transcript. it shows he infered the video was to blame, and it show his 1 lone mention of the word "terror" was in a general sense in the context of 9/11 which is what he mentioned right before. 

And my interpretation of that makes much more sense than you guys saying he was saying the attacks were terrorist attack. because in the other white house press release the same day, makes no mention of terror, and again alludes the the video being to blame, like his speech. So that makes twice the allude to the video as to blame. then in the days following HE and his administation denied it being a terror attack, and instead again blamed the video, over and over.

its quite clear, he wasnt talking about bengazi being a terror attack, as his speech had numerous opportunities to qualify the word attak with terror yet did not. as i showed already. He also alluded to the video in the speech. then in another white house release they again dont mention terror, yet again blame the video. 

and here is she admitting she was wrong.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/cnns_candy_crowley_romney_was_actually_right_on_libya.html

edit: 

Even Politico's Mike Allen is questioning Crowley's call.

Even Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler says Crowley got it wrong: Obama "did not say terrorism."

After the debate, Anderson Cooper was the first member of the CNN post debate group to question whether or not Romney really got the Libya issue wrong. They then brought Crowley on and after all the damage she had done during the debate, she finally admitted that Romney was "right" but "picked the wrong word."

chocoloco said:
Crazymann said:
chocoloco said:

Thank you, what you might not know is it is also a slogan for the fight against breast cancer. So I like it for multiple reasons.

Actually, I do know that... I have several bracelets of my own bought in support of the cause. 

Crazymann said:
chocoloco said:

except she doesn't admit that he never said it. She says in the video "romney is right when he says for 14 days it was called a demonstration, but it is also true that obama referred to it as an act of terror".

Right in the debate she confirmed what both candidates were saying.

What's so hard to understand:

Even in the link video she says "i knew there was a quesiton on libya, so I reread everything. I knew he said "we will not let acts of terror shaken our country etc", but I also conceded in the moment that Mitt was also right when he says that the administration says tehre was a demonstration for 2 weeks"

I'm really dumbfounded as to how this is so inexplicably hard to understand.

In the debate, she says, 'Barack called it an act of terror, so he's right about that, but you governor are also right about the demonstration part', then in the link you provided she repeats what happened.

I'm so confused that this is being called an apology. Right in the debate she said BOTH were right!

Is this real life?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

except she doesn't admit that he never said it. She says in the video "romney is right when he says for 14 days it was called a demonstration, but it is also true that obama referred to it as an act of terror".

Even in the link video she says "i knew there was a quesiton on libya, so I reread everything. I knew he said "we will not let acts of terror shaken our country etc", but I also conceded in the moment that Mitt was also right when he says that the administration says tehre was a demonstration for 2 weeks"

In the debate, she says, 'Barack called it an act of terror, so he's right about that, but you governor are also right about the demonstration part', then in the link you provided she repeats what happened.

I'm so confused that this is being called an apology. Right in the debate she said BOTH were right!

Is this real life?

Hi, Welcome to American Politics!  Where both sides can say the other side is wrong and both sides can be right! :)

killerzX said:
theprof00 said:
killerzX said:
Oh here's something BIg. Candy Crowly just admitted she was WRONG. in correcting Romney. She admitted that.

But she didn't, I just saw the video, she said she knows the quote and though eh didn't specifically refer to it as exactly saying "this was an act of terror", republicans are going to try to parse the meaning of what he said....which is exactly what you're doing.

i posted the transcript. it shows he infered the video was to blame, and it show his 1 lone mention of the word "terror" was in a general sense in the context of 9/11 which is what he mentioned right before. 

And my interpretation of that makes much more sense than you guys saying he was saying the attacks were terrorist attack. because in the other white house press release the same day, makes no mention of terror, and again alludes the the video being to blame, like his speech. So that makes twice the allude to the video as to blame. then in the days following HE and his administation denied it being a terror attack, and instead again blamed the video, over and over.

its quite clear, he wasnt talking about bengazi being a terror attack, as his speech had numerous opportunities to qualify the word attak with terror yet did not. as i showed already. He also alluded to the video in the speech. then in another white house release they again dont mention terror, yet again blame the video. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/cnns_candy_crowley_romney_was_actually_right_on_libya.html

I'm done.

I tricked you into thinking I was calling you a republican using English.
You then can't admit that using the exact same English means he was referring to that.

I just don't know what more to explain.

Your link is even worse. Look at my response to crazy.
in teh debate she says, "you are both right, Obama, you did refer to it as an act of terror, and Romney you are right that he also said for two weeks it was called a demonstration. Both of you are right"

Then in your link she says "I knew there was a question about libya so I read up on it. I knew that Obama said it was an act of terror, but I also said Mitt was right about it being called a demonstration afterwards"

She literally admitted no wrongdoing, she just said exactly what happened. It is simply being presented as if she did.

gergroy said:
theprof00 said:

Is this real life?

Hi, Welcome to American Politics!  Where both sides can say the other side is wrong and both sides can be right! :)

sigh. Obama called it an act of terror on day 1, then it was called a demonstration on day 5.

Obama in the debate said he called it an act of terror. Correct.
Romney said he called it a demonstration. Correct.

Both actually did happen, but at different times.

It's really not that hard to udnerstand.

The problem is, Romney said that Obama never said that. That was the only thing that was incorrect.

killerzX said:
theprof00 said:
killerzX said:
theprof00 said:
Are you not going to respond to what I said killerx?

what did you say?

theprof00 said:
killerzX said:

me, a republican?

What?

I didn't say crazy republican. I said crazy republicans all think the worst" soo, I was just saying Republicans hate Obama. I wasn't calling you a crazy republican.

Maybe it just went over your head.

oh. i didnt think it was something that needed a reponse. of course republicans dotn like obama. You call them crazy. i disagree with that.

and im glad you arent calling me a crazy republican.

WHOOSH!

theprof00 said:
killerzX said:
theprof00 said:
killerzX said:

I'm done.

I tricked you into thinking I was calling you a republican using English.
You then can't admit that using the exact same English means he was referring to that.

I just don't know what more to explain.

Your link is even worse. Look at my response to crazy.
in teh debate she says, "you are both right, Obama, you did refer to it as an act of terror, and Romney you are right that he also said for two weeks it was called a demonstration. Both of you are right"

Then in your link she says "I knew there was a question about libya so I read up on it. I knew that Obama said it was an act of terror, but I also said Mitt was right about it being called a demonstration afterwards"

She literally admitted no wrongdoing, she just said exactly what happened. It is simply being presented as if she did.

i already posted the transcipt of his speech. its clear he didnt call it a terror attack. words and context matter like you say.