By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Britain has anti-alien weapons~ E.T just sh*t his pants!

superchunk said:
Farmageddon said:
superchunk said:

Brits have 15 year ahead tech... US has 30yrs+.

Think about it. When the original Stealth fighter was shown off in 1988 was actually designed and tested 30years prior... in the 50's.

US has planes with interstellar capabilities, laser guns (small and large) etc. But it has no need to display them and doesn't want to create some sort of arms race with this like nukes.

So it only trickles info in a really limited means and shows stuff really old.

EDIT: this isn't meant as a who's better comment, just that its happening on many fronts beyond one nation.

Planes with intestellar capabilities, you say?

Not sure if using the word correctly, but I'm thinking of a plane that can take off like normal and enter space, then return. No stupid rockets and such.

Yeah, no, interstellar would be a plane that could reach at least the nearest stars, which are already mind-bogling far away. Just launching off and "entering space" (as in geting out of the atmosphere or at least into it's less dense layers) though shouldn't be that hard, so that makes sense, but it's nowhere near the kind of technology the aliens would have to have to be able to launch an invasion at us or even just visit.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

I guess that means Japan has 60.

Shit! Now we have to kiss Britain's ass when the alien invasion occurs.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

wait so they know what kind of weapons the aliens have? that means they are here OMG!! lol we are doomed!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

So the British have a 1995 Macbook?

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Think about it. When the original Stealth fighter was shown off in 1988 was actually designed and tested 30years prior... in the 50's.

US has planes with interstellar capabilities, laser guns (small and large) etc. But it has no need to display them and doesn't want to create some sort of arms race with this like nukes.

So it only trickles info in a really limited means and shows stuff really old.

EDIT: this isn't meant as a who's better comment, just that its happening on many fronts beyond one nation.

The us gov't has some scary good tech that even many military experts don't know about.

Aliens vs humans would be like Godzilla vs an ant. They would just release a virus to kill everyone or blowup the planet

Yeah, Aliens will fly across the universe only to get smashed by whatever we have made on this planet. All they would have to do is mind control a guy HIGH up into telling them what this tech is and how to beat it. Assuming we are anything more than "ants" to them.

"Hey look at that blue rock, Its covered in primitive fungi"

"Yep. Just like the other 5000 rocks we passed today"

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

What a waste of money! For something that probably won't happen. Also, what's saying these so called aliens (if there are any) would be hostile in any way?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I actually like our odds vs. space aliens. While they were wasting their time discovering interstellar travel, we've been killing each other. Seriously, if their is one thing humanity is exceedingly good at it's killing... something I doubt any aliens have done in a long time if they have been unified enough to make the scientific advances to visit us.