By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Development "stretching Sony studios thin"

I'm not buying any of this... Sony's not that stupid that they'd make yet another high end super console AND launch last (2014) AND have poor support for it - no way they that stupid.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
I'm not buying any of this... Sony's not that stupid that they'd make yet another high end super console AND launch last (2014) AND have poor support for it - no way they that stupid.

The article doesn't say anything about the console. It just says they are struggling with their teams to make games across all 3 systems.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

DanneSandin said:

They already did it. The Vita is a high end super console, that launched last, and has poor support.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
DanneSandin said:

They already did it. The Vita is a high end super console, that launched last, and has poor support.

the PS3 was a high end super console, that launched last and HAD poor support. remember that? look at the support PS3 gets now. just give the vita time. i know 3DS fans are dying to bash vita but atleast give it this holiday and if things dont improve, you have sony's blessing to bash the vita all day long!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Flanneryaug said:
DanneSandin said:

the PS3 was a high end super console, that launched last and HAD poor support. remember that? look at the support PS3 gets now. just give the vita time. i know 3DS fans are dying to bash vita but atleast give it this holiday and if things dont improve, you have sony's blessing to bash the vita all day long!

I don't even own a 3DS lol. Also, I think the Vita is a good console, but it is running out of time. If its sales don't increase dramatically during the holidays, developers will stop making games for it, and it will fail.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

So far,  everything I read from the guys of NeoGaf suggests PS4 will be much less powerful for 2012/2013 standards, than PS3 was in 2006/2007.

The Hardware inside Vita Shows Sony that is not doing anything crazy again like the Cell Processor,for exemple.

Surprised if it comes out as soon as '13 since Sony wanted a 10 year life cycle for the ps3. They could still make games for it with ps4 out but I don't think it will have massive legs like the ps2 does.

Everyone seems to be overeacting to the software situation. Naturally such transitions create a challenge for all 3 companies. Since everything points towards a 2014 release for the ps4, I think they'll be fine.

PSVita: Almost of all PSvita's 1st party titles have been outsourced, so its not taking developers away from ps3/ps4.

PS3: PS3 has a strong line up for 2013(God of War, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, Sly 4, possible The Last) and will have strong 3rd party support throughout 2014, so the only concern is that sony risk launching the ps4 without any support. This is unlikely to happen as they already have ps4 games in development.

PS4: These are the devs who are currently partially free (outside of DLC/supporting other studios) and have probably began development on ps4 games

Polyphony (GT6?), The Uncharted Team(not the same as Last of Us team), Gorilla games (confirmed to be working on new IP)

Studios have confirmed that they're working on Sony's next platform
Media Molecule, Liverpool studios ( I'm sure someone else will pick up their work they left).

If they're planning to launch late 2014 then that gives them 2 years, they'll be fine in terms of 1st party support. Also the team currently working on ps3 titles due this winter/early next year will probably straight onto ps4. Add to this 3rd party support and mayb some surprise 3rd party exclusives and the ps4 will be fine (possibly FFvXIII will get ps3+4 release?)

biggamejames79 said:
Surprised if it comes out as soon as '13 since Sony wanted a 10 year life cycle for the ps3. They could still make games for it with ps4 out but I don't think it will have massive legs like the ps2 does.

I think its legs will be longer then ps2's. By the time the ps3 arrived, core 3rd developers moved on to the next gen completely, abondoning the ps2. Only seasonal releases like Fifa, Guitar Hero etc came to the ps2, that and a few psp ports. I can't see every developer shifting exclusively to the 720/ps3 as soon as 2014 hits, the same way they did this gen. I think we'll have plenty of cross gen releases, like what Bungie are rumoured to be doing for their Destiny titles (720+360)

If this is true (which I hope it isn't) then Sony's just dig his own grave. Why having 4k support? it's completely unnecessary at this point (and will still be for a long time). Besides, being the last company to launch a system, with a beast of a system and what will most likely be a weak third party support (at least at the beginning) will probably be Sony's last console. Again I hope this isn't true.

Nintendo and PC gamer