By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you knew your unborn child was going to be gay, would you abort him/her?

Jay520 said:
" I am not wrong and you have no way of proving im wrong, wich proves im right"

I think I speak for everyone when I say this is quite possibly the worst logic ever presented on this website.

Yup, was going to point it out until I scrolled down to your post.

Ironically, using that twisted logic, Christians would be able to prove that God exist: " I am not wrong and you have no way of proving im wrong when I say God exist, wich proves im right"

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Jay520 said:
" I am not wrong and you have no way of proving im wrong, wich proves im right"

I think I speak for everyone when I say this is quite possibly the worst logic ever presented on this website.

Yup, was going to point it out until I scrolled down to your post.

Ironically, using that twisted logic, Christians would be able to prove that God exist: " I am not wrong and you have no way of proving im wrong when I say God exist, wich proves im right"

Yeah I don't usually argue in the side of religions, but after reading his posts, I was forced to.

No, but I would want another son. I personally want my family name to be passed down biologically, not just via the name.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

superchunk said:

If researchers had found the 'gay gene' (Particular gene that causes someone to be homosexual) very early in pregnancy or something else that provided a very accurate result, would you consider abortion to save the child from a life of torment and possible eternal damnation?

If there is a "gay gene" then wouldn't it be concievable that it could possibly be cured.   But otherwise no, I would not.  Personality is infinately more important than sexuality.  And there are personality types of hate of every sexuality.  I wouldn't want my kid to be an arragont ass jock, just like I wouldn't want my kid to be a flamboyant loud musical man.  FYI: I have nothing against jocks or musicals, hell i was in sports and musicals growing up.

sales2099 said:
No, but I would want another son. I personally want my family name to be passed down biologically, not just via the name.

You do realize he can have his sperm put into a surrogate and thus your family biologically would continue.

I do agree with you though that I want myself to continue as well, and would be dissapointed if said son decided to adopt and refused artificial insemination as an option.  

My family has seemingly always been somewhat large.  Of course our grandparents had bigger families, but I don't think any relatives of mine have less than 3 kids.  Most have exactly four.  I can see myself having around 4 as well, but for sure will have at least two.  That is if I can.  If it seems i can't, i sure as hell will have  a blast trying.  And I will not give up, if i have to have unprotected sex every day of my life until my wifes menopause, if that's the sacrifice i have to make.  lol.

Nem said:

That is just pathetic. I am not wrong and you have no way of proving im wrong, wich proves im right. And you read only what you want to see.

Just cause you dont understand logic, it really isnt my fault. To compare something that exists and we dont know about and something that cant exist cause its just a creation of your imagination is not the same thing. Sorry dude, there just is no God as an entity. As much as you want to run circles around me, its the reality that counts.

By the way, i love how you let a day pass and digged back the thread to try and land some low blows. :P

@bold. See what you want to see, I was on vacation and did not read the remaining posts in the thread (which included yours) in a session prior to when I posted.

Around the Network
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:

Well  it's not based on a gene, I can almost assure that.

How can you almost assure that?

Because a gene is passed from your parents to you. It's impossible for two people of the same gender to have a child.

RoryGamesFree said:
no, for fucks sake is this thread for real?

is there a large homophobic community on here or something? seriously...

stop hating people for their sexuality.

The OP wasn't hating on anyone for their sexuality.

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:

Well  it's not based on a gene, I can almost assure that.

How can you almost assure that?

Because a gene is passed from your parents to you. It's impossible for two people of the same gender to have a child. 

Different things are activated and deactived in your genetic "coding," and there's always the chance of mutation. Hopefully someone a lot smarter than myself can explain this better, and in more depth.

Andrespetmonkey said:

Different things are activated and deactived in your genetic "coding," and there's always the chance of mutation. Hopefully someone a lot smarter than myself can explain this better, and in more depth.

I get what you're saying, you explained it perfectly.

...And I guess that could be true. But it is odd that no one has ever found a trace of this gay "gene."

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I get what you're saying, you explained it perfectly.

...And I guess that could be true. But it is odd that no one has ever found a trace of this gay "gene."

Well considering the fact that about 97% of our genetic code was considered "junk" only until recently, no this isn't at all odd. There are literally millions if not billions of switches within this previously considered "junk" that control every facet of our biology. I suspect a series of switches within is responsible for homosexuality, heterosexuality, and bisexuality.

The notion that homosexuality is a choice is really quite unfounded considering its prevalence in nature. Just because one discovers later in life they are a certain sexuality, does not lend any credence to the postulate that it is a choice. This is merely discovering what has existed since birth.