By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you knew your unborn child was going to be gay, would you abort him/her?

Believing in God is not logical. Religious people are seriously brainwashed. Gods up their with fairies/trolls/zeus/cyclops/giants and harry potter -_-

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

you guys are still going at it!!? whats the point. its not like your gonna change anyones beliefs. you'll just argue about it forever.

Serious_frusting said:
Believing in God is not logical. Religious people are seriously brainwashed. Gods up their with fairies/trolls/zeus/cyclops/giants and harry potter -_-

^^How are these kinds of posts allowed here? Im pretty sure Kantor and axumblade would find this post just as bad as me calling homosexuals queers -_-

Ouroboros24 said:

Holy crap, really.

Okay, I'll bite.

What time during the pregnancy.  If it's within 2 months, then yes. 

And yes, I'm being completely serious here.  Nothing against gays, simply I want things my way.  Of course I'll ask the mother first. 

This.

Another topic asks "What Causes Homosexuality?". Why some people seem so obsessed about it?

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
Serious_frusting said:

^^How are these kinds of posts allowed here? Im pretty sure Kantor and axumblade would find this post just as bad as me calling homosexuals queers -_-

You just prove to us again, why religion is detrimental to society.

You must believe on what i believe or shut up + free discrimination to boot. Were all gonna go to God's arms after this!

How hilariously pitiful it is. If you can prove him wrong, and God really exists, go ahead.

Nem said:

I answered this already. If we cant verify the existance of something, it doesnt exist as something we know. Galaxies can be verified. Things that are in existance can be verified. God is an abstract concept, its impossible to verify. Is it that difficult to understand that God is just a fairy tale created by humans? Tell me really, is a dream something that could exist in reality? How do you verify its existance? Where do you draw the line Jay?

"It doesn't exist as something we know" Why are you changing subjects? You went from saying "it doesn't exist" to "it doesn't exist as something we know." You went from an entity's existence to our knowledge of an entity's  existence - two very different concepts. Stay on topic.

Yes, galaxies can be verified...Today. However, that was not true for a long period of time. A long time ago, we lacked the ability to verify the existence of other galaxies, yet they still existed. Do you agree that in the past, galaxies existed in conjunction with our absence of proof? Yes or no? Obviously you do..Now, you must also agree that certain things can exist even if we cannot prove them, correct? With that said, surely you must also agree that because we lack proof of something today, does not mean that something doesn't exist.

As for God being impossible to verify, that depends. There are infinitely many definitions of "god." Your statement is true for some definitions and false for others. 

Your dream example actually supports my point. We cannot prove dreams exist, yet they still exist. I'm not sure how this helps your point at all.

Jay520 said:
Nem said:

I answered this already. If we cant verify the existance of something, it doesnt exist as something we know. Galaxies can be verified. Things that are in existance can be verified. God is an abstract concept, its impossible to verify. Is it that difficult to understand that God is just a fairy tale created by humans? Tell me really, is a dream something that could exist in reality? How do you verify its existance? Where do you draw the line Jay?

"It doesn't exist as something we know" Why are you changing subjects? You went from saying "it doesn't exist" to "it doesn't exist as something we know." You went from an entity's existence to our knowledge of an entity's  existence - two very different concepts. Stay on topic.

Yes, galaxies can be verified. However, that was not true for a long period of time. A long time ago, we lacked the ability to verify the existence of other galaxies, yet they still existed. Do you agree that in the past, galaxies existed in conjunction with our absence of proof? Yes or no? Obviously you do..Now, you must also agree that certain things can exist even if we cannot prove them, correct? With that said, surely you must also agree that because we lack proof of something today, does not mean that something doesn't exist.

As for God being impossible to verify, that depends. There are infinitely many definitions of "god." Your statement is true for some definitions and false for others. 

Sigh... im trying to make it easier for you to understand cause you cant seem to separate what is real existance from what isnt. You just care to know about your example that is irrelevant to the subject. Wether we could verify at the time the existance of the galaxies with current instruments didnt make them false. It meant we couldnt prove they existed, therefore they didnt exist as something we know. But, they are physical objects that exist and can be verified.

You will NEVER be able to verify that God exists because god doesnt have a concept or existance you can go and verify, therefore he simply cant exist. Only in the minds of people of course. I dont know how many definitions of God you know, but the one that said almighty beeing that created everything and watches everyone from above in the skies/heaven like a big perv, bla bla + hell and all that crap.

That made me realise that if God existed, the devil could exist aswell. What a conundrum it would be to prove he existed aswell. lol We have to start giving out post-mortem cameras, they might do the trick. xD

Nem said:

Sigh... im trying to make it easier for you to understand cause you cant seem to separate what is real existance from what isnt. You just care to know about your example that is irrelevant to the subject. Wether we could verify at the time the existance of the galaxies with current instruments didnt make them false. It meant we couldnt prove they existed, therefore they didnt exist as something we know. But, they are physical object that exist and can be verified.

You will NEVER be able to verify that God exists because god doesnt have a concept or existance you can go and verify, therefore he simply cant exist. Only in the minds of people of course. I dont know how many definitions of God you know, but the one that said almighty beeing that created everything and watches everyone from above in the skies/heaven like a big perv, bla bla + hell and all that crap.

That made me realise that if God existed, the devil could exist aswell. What a conundrum it would be to prove he existed aswell. lolWe have to start giving out post-mortem cameras, they might do the trick. xD

Why do you keep saying that. I'm not talking about something existing as "something we know." I'm talking about something existing, period. Regardless of whether we know it or not.

Again, do you agree that things can exist even if we currently cannot prove their existence?

About verifying if god exists, your still focusing on certain specific definitions of god, therefore your claims only apply to those certain specific definitions. 

I think this thread should be locked. It's going nowhere.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash