By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who DOESN'T want new consoles soon??!!!?!

This has been the longest console generation, if you arent ready for new consoles, how on earth did you cope with the last couple of generation changes?

Around the Network

no you aren't the only one but personally i am happy to get new consoles anytime soon. sure games improve from year to year but i want a bigger improvement anytime soon, if it will be gameplay, a.i., physics, graphics, whatever...no clue what next gen will bring but i don't see huge improvements/changes we will see this gen anymore. games will change a little bit from year to year even on this gen but next gen will bring a bigger change so i want next gen.

I don't need or expect any new HD console before 2014.

I think Nintendo is the only company that needed to put a new system on the market... while PS3 and 360 should stick to their 10 year plans. They obviously can update their engines for better looking games.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network
milo said:

this is the progress ....

Yup, simple as that.

Look at sales, they're down.

I understand that there's a lot of games I haven't tried during this generation, but we must move on.  This is an industry made of people who are as real as you or me.  These people have families that depend on them.  How do we continue to take care of said family?  Progress to the next thing.  Drive the industry towards success. 

Current consoles have almost saturated or near, the industry needs a kickstart and new consoles are where its at.  Plus, common.  The old games are always there.  There are a lot of them and you can play for 2 years straight and not be able to play and finish every single game on every console for this whole generation.  Well, you probably can, but that's just insane.

I don't want to see PS4 or XBOX NEXT till 2014. I have such a backlog that even in 2014 ill still have plenty of older games i've not finished yet.

Wii U on the other hand seems necessary if nothing else because Nintendo dropped the ball with the Wii. Not that I plan on getting Wii U till it drops to $149.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Yeah, and imagine those games with next gen graphics.

Ouroboros24 said:
milo said:

this is the progress ....

Yup, simple as that.

Look at sales, they're down.

I understand that there's a lot of games I haven't tried during this generation, but we must move on.  This is an industry made of people who are as real as you or me.  These people have families that depend on them.  How do we continue to take care of said family?  Progress to the next thing.  Drive the industry towards success. 

Current consoles have almost saturated or near, the industry needs a kickstart and new consoles are where its at.  Plus, common.  The old games are always there.  There are a lot of them and you can play for 2 years straight and not be able to play and finish every single game on every console for this whole generation.  Well, you probably can, but that's just insane.

yeah that's true, i mean, people who say "i still need to play so many games on my console". where is the problem guys? you can play them even with new consoles and when you are done you can buy the next gen which will probably have had an price reduction until then.

people who want something new would get it and people who don't want something new don't have to buy it. play all the last gen games then which you didn't have enough time for before the next gen started and everything is fine.

I would prefer to stay longer in this generation, sadly, with one new console, the others prolly fall like dominoes