By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Am I the only one who DOESN'T want new consoles soon??!!!?!

watsuke said:
I don't want a PS4 because then Sony will release a firmware update for the PS3 that turns it into a disc shredder with their new slogan "Should have got a PS4" playing every time a disc is inserted. It will cost a billion dollars and I can't afford that, no one can. They are going to convince the world leaders to start a tax of 2000% to anyone without a PS4, if you can't verify through internet then you will have to mail in the receipt which will get lost and they will apply the tax to you anyways.

Next gen is so awful, I never want it to come.

I have no idea what you just said.

In other news... People start to get bored with the same toys after so long.  Microsony shot themselves in the foot by developing hardware that was not at all cost efficient.  So instead of bringing something new to a stagnant market, they're stuck charging $200-350 for 7 year-old hardware.  And because they're having to keep their old console prices so high to make profits, that allowed Wii U to come in a year late, and with a high price-point as well.  So at the current time, it's 'overpay for old tech, or overpay for new'.  I've felt pretty apathetic toward gaming the last couple of years, and I know I'm not the only one.  There's no one else to blame but the big 3, and consumers are paying for it.

Around the Network
TheShape31 said:
watsuke said:
I don't want a PS4 because then Sony will release a firmware update for the PS3 that turns it into a disc shredder with their new slogan "Should have got a PS4" playing every time a disc is inserted. It will cost a billion dollars and I can't afford that, no one can. They are going to convince the world leaders to start a tax of 2000% to anyone without a PS4, if you can't verify through internet then you will have to mail in the receipt which will get lost and they will apply the tax to you anyways.

I thought we were saying stupid things as to why next gen consoles shouldn't come out next year. 

I personally want the next Sony/MS consoles to release tomorrow, but hoping for a more realistic 2013 holiday. Nothing anyone says for why they shouldn't release makes any sense. The WiiU is being released soon and everyone, for the most part, are really excited by it. No ones complaining that they are being forced to buy it, or they still have Wii games to play so it should be released ten years from now. 

PS3 has a great game list for 2013, but thinking about what The Last of Us could have been with more powerful tech is really exciting to me. This also shows that devs are getting ideas that are too big for current system to really pull off. 

All I see reading through this thread is people saying "Since I can't have it, no one can."

watsuke said:
TheShape31 said:
watsuke said:

I thought we were saying stupid things as to why next gen consoles shouldn't come out next year. 

I personally want the next Sony/MS consoles to release tomorrow, but hoping for a more realistic 2013 holiday. Nothing anyone says for why they shouldn't release makes any sense. The WiiU is being released soon and everyone, for the most part, are really excited by it. No ones complaining that they are being forced to buy it, or they still have Wii games to play so it should be released ten years from now. 

PS3 has a great game list for 2013, but thinking about what The Last of Us could have been with more powerful tech is really exciting to me. This also shows that devs are getting ideas that are too big for current system to really pull off. 

All I see reading through this thread is people saying "Since I can't have it, no one can."

Gotcha.  I got lost and stranded in Overthetop-ville.

I, as well, think that 2013 would be the perfect time to release new hardware.  The beginning of the year will see the best of the end of the cycle, the the end of the year would be the beginning of the next.  I do have a bad feeling, though, that they'll keep PS3 at $249 and $299 and release PS4 at $399 and $499.  It's just too expensive.  And even if they drop the PS3's price $50, the cheapest you'd be able to get the PS4 for would be $349, still not close enough for the $299 console sweet spot.  But you're right, the idea of The Last of Us with Next-Gen tech really is exciting.

TheShape31 said:
watsuke said:
TheShape31 said:
watsuke said:

Gotcha.  I got lost and stranded in Overthetop-ville.

I, as well, think that 2013 would be the perfect time to release new hardware.  The beginning of the year will see the best of the end of the cycle, the the end of the year would be the beginning of the next.  I do have a bad feeling, though, that they'll keep PS3 at $249 and $299 and release PS4 at $399 and $499.  It's just too expensive.  And even if they drop the PS3's price $50, the cheapest you'd be able to get the PS4 for would be $349, still not close enough for the $299 console sweet spot.  But you're right, the idea of The Last of Us with Next-Gen tech really is exciting.

You know what?

Every year I hear the same thing....Games can't go any further with these consoles.....The consoles have reached their limit.  

Every year, like clockwork.....I get better games.

No offense, TheShape31, but your sentiment is officially a broken record.