By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2012 NPD Thread - 360: 270k; PS3+Wii: 281k

AndrewWK said:
3DS is doing solid. I think this prooves portable gaming is not dead. Just too expensive.

3DS would be doing even better if the DS wasn't still a beast.  The DS will have a nice Xmas too.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
AndrewWK said:
3DS is doing solid. I think this prooves portable gaming is not dead. Just too expensive.

3DS would be doing even better if the DS wasn't still a beast.  The DS will have a nice Xmas too.

Really isn´t the DS selling about 30k copies a week. If you call a labrador puppy a beast then yeah it is. But I am really happy the 3DS is still so strong, but I don´t understand why Nintendo doesn´t make Pokémon and Zelda Game for it.

AndrewWK said:
Kenology said:
AndrewWK said:

Really isn´t the DS selling about 30k copies a week. If you call a labrador puppy a beast then yeah it is. But I am really happy the 3DS is still so strong, but I don´t understand why Nintendo doesn´t make Pokémon and Zelda Game for it.

The PS2 was still selling 2-4k in Japan earlier this year.  The DS sold over 100k last month.  Those two are definitely beasts.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
VicViper said:
spurgeonryan said:
What is this creamsugar I keep seeing?

He's neogaf's top NPD insider.

NPD thread in general means "wait for creamsugar to leak"

How does Gaf have all these insider people?!

Ughh. I hate that I just read that.

Who are you replying to?

spurgeonryan said:

I hate anything that I read by you, and I was reply to the gaf comment of course. We are the sales site. Not them.

Well VGC born because GAF... or am I worng?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
ethomaz said:

spurgeonryan said:

I hate anything that I read by you, and I was reply to the gaf comment of course. We are the sales site. Not them.

Well VGC born because GAF... or am I worng?

........no......

What I know is that ioi was a member of GAF and he creates the VGC because he didn't agree with GAF's numbers/members.

Everything comes from GAF.

spurgeonryan said:
No I agree with you that you are not wrong.

lol sorry I misunderstood.

Borderlands 2 - 1.82 million
Madden 13 - 2.55 million

Nsanity said:
Squilliam said:
It'll be good if the Xbox 360 gets a price cut because the fact that it hasn't had one in 4 years is annoying. Well it doesn't affect me but I like it when things follow expectations... Kinect had a $40 price cut so I wonder if they intend to price the Kinect Xbox 360 at say $249 to combat the Wii U?

The Wii U ought to revitalise things in total unit sales.

You sure it was 4 years?

I was 2008 when they cut the price to $199 for Arcade and $299 for Premium. The reshuffles and 360 slim could be considered price adjustments given the increase in features like wifi and increased storage making the Arcade more viable, however the overall positioning remains the same with no outright price cuts since then.

Tease.

Boutros said:
Borderlands 2 - 1.82 million
Madden 13 - 2.55 million

The correct figure is 1.48m for Boderlands 2, and creamsugar also provided split. 75% on 360 and 25% on PS3.