By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Greatest Political Ad Ever?

Damn that was awful!! Obama had such a great campaign last time, but this is just sad... I really hope this is a joke!! But I still think that Obama is better equipped to be president than Romnay...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Damn that was awful!! Obama had such a great campaign last time, but this is just sad... I really hope this is a joke!! But I still think that Obama is better equipped to be president than Romnay...

Yeah, it's just a joke. It's meant to show that even though Romney won the debate, he didn't really put out much information on what he'd cut, in a comedic way.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, it's just a joke. It's meant to show that even though Romney won the debate, he didn't really put out much information on what he'd cut, in a comedic way.

oh, haha, good to know!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

badgenome said:

And the Republican response:

At least this campaign is almost over, thank god. This is just getting pathetic.

I wonder how much it cost to liscense Count Count.

Guess Romney's actually taken a  lead finally in a poll.

Crazy stuff.

I'd really like to see Romney win the popular vote but lose the electoral college.  Just to see the script flipped from 2000.

Kasz216 said:

Nothing, I believe. Sesame Workshop is asking the Obama campaign to take Big Bird out of their ads, so I'm guessing the campaigns are using these likeness under the fair use doctrine.

Around the Network

politics is now show business lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
badgenome said:
Kasz216 said:

Nothing, I believe. Sesame Workshop is asking the Obama campaign to take Big Bird out of their ads, so I'm guessing the campaigns are using these likeness under the fair use doctrine.

Yes, the GOP that wants to cut funding going to Sesame Workshop, is going to approach them to use a character to support a campaign to cut their funding.  And of course, Sesame Workship is going to be more than happy to do that.

Kantor said:
I don't really think cutting PBS is a priority.

But this really shows how awful Obama's campaign team is. Do they really see nothing more significant to criticise than THIS? Ah well, it's a nice change from "he's an evil capitalist slave driver who destroyed companies and stole all of their money."

I don't think it has anything to do with how bad his campaign team is. Remember, he won in 2008, so his campaign team has experience and has experience at winning. After the debate and Obama's drop in the polls, I think his campaign team is just trying to see which issues have "sticking power".

Flanneryaug said:
DanneSandin said:

It's interesting that for Obama supporters that is how you view the ad. Because you like him your brain makes you assume the ad is good. On the oppossite side, people who are against Obama see this ad as a moronic attempt at grasping straws because they already expect the ad to suck. What do people who don't care think of this ad? Is it great because it is good or great because it is stupid?

richardhutnik said:
badgenome said:
Kasz216 said:

Yes, the GOP that wants to cut funding going to Sesame Workshop, is going to approach them to use a character to support a campaign to cut their funding.  And of course, Sesame Workship is going to be more than happy to do that.

I don't see what that would have to do with it.

Either way, if they did let Obama use Big Bird.  They'd have to let the GOP use the count as well, despite funding cuts.

Otherwise they'd be providing a big reason why PBS should be cut.

It's very troublesome when a government organization decides to favor one politcal group over another.  That's the big problem with the BBC as of late.