By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - who is going to win this xmas? the dead Wii or the dying Vita?

who will win?

Wii 143 58.85%

Vita 100 41.15%

Total:243
Ledreppe said:
Turkish said:
It would be better to put Vita against WiiU since they're both new hardware. I think Vita will win against Wiiu.

You can't be serious! How can you think the Vita will beat the Wii U this Christmas? The Wii U will outsell the Vita many times over.

Well, Turkish is right in one regard, we don't really know how many Wii U consoles will be shipped to retailers for launch so it might be a situation where they don't ship enouch to satisfy demand.  That's the only way I can see the Vita beating the Wii U.  But even still, there's no reason to believe the Vita will do "amazing", I think he's just wishful thinking in that regard.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Chris Hu said:
Turkish said:
It would be better to put Vita against WiiU since they're both new hardware. I think Vita will win against Wiiu.

I think your dreaming on that one the Wii U already acomplished something the Vita hasn't so far its been out and that being its guranteed to be sold out and in high demand for its first couple of weeks.  A lot of people are going to make good money reselling the Wii U to desperate people another thing that didn't happen with the Vita launch.

I dont think so. Vita will do really good. It will have amazing sales this holiday.

Delusional: It's going to (continue) to  bomb.

It has no market: it's in a no-man's land hell caught between tablets (Nexus7, iPad, etc.) and smartphones on one end and tablets (Kindle Fire HD, countless no-name Android tablets) and the 3DS on the other--it's also uncomfortably close in price to a WiiU, which will be *the* hot thing this Xmas.

Now If it was cheaper, and had better/more games, it'd probably do OK; as it stands, it's going to be the oddman-out this holiday season and I predict that SONY fans will be leaping from sky-scraping palletes-ful of unsold Vita's come January, shortly followed by someone very high up at SONY taking the fall for the debacle by the end of the first quarter 2012.

(Meanwhile, the Wii will do OK because it's cheap. And because it's cheap. And the economy sucks. Also because it's cheap. But mainly becuase it's cheap.)

Turkish said:

Naah, I'm pretty sure it won't. Vita will be doing great.

I'm interested in knowing why you think the Vita will do so well.  Would yoiu mind explaining please?

The Wii (not Wii U) will most likely lose to the Vita in my opinion. Wii U will kill off a lot of sales and the Vita will probably gain some momentum for the holidays.

Chris Hu said:

Highly doubt it, there are numerous storys out there that reported that the premium units pretty much sold out in a couple of hours and I'm pretty sure that most of the regular units are gone for the first couple of weeks also.  I also sure that a good amount of people are going to make a nice profit reselling their Wii U to desperate buyers you are the one that is misinformed.

Of course the premium ones sold out first. Stores are receiving way more basic models than the premium ones. Again, you seem to not be very well informed. I recall an article that says that Japan will get even less Wii U's than previously expected. 

Around the Network
Kenology said:
Turkish said:

I'm interested in knowing why you think the Vita will do so well.  Would yoiu mind explaining please?

I'll answer for him. Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty bundles. It's getting games plain and simple. AAA games built just for the Vita. Now, I can't guarantee it will outsell the Wii or the Wii U, but considering its a new console and has nowhere to go but up, I think it all depends on how well Wii U is received and how many units Sony ships for the holidays.

VGKing said:
Chris Hu said:

I think your dreaming on that one the Wii U already acomplished something the Vita hasn't so far its been out and that being its guranteed to be sold out and in high demand for its first couple of weeks.  A lot of people are going to make good money reselling the Wii U to desperate people another thing that didn't happen with the Vita launch.

You sir are misinformed. First of all we don't know how much pre-order stock these stores have. It's not like there's millions of Wii U's sold already. More like a couple thousand. Do some research.

Wow, the irony...

While we don't know exact numbers yet, "a couple of thousand" is completely absurd...

"Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter estimates there are only between 300,000 and 400,000 Wii U consoles currently being offered for pre-order. (The system, of course, will also be available physically in stores on Nov. 18.)"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49092227/Nintendo_s_Wii_U_Already_Selling_Out_Online

VGKing said:
Kenology said:
Turkish said:

I'll answer for him. Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty bundles. It's getting games plain and simple. AAA games built just for the Vita. Now, I can't guarantee it will outsell the Wii or the Wii U, but considering its a new console and has nowhere to go but up, I think it all depends on how well Wii U is received and how many units Sony ships for the holidays.

I totally considered those games but even still, I don't expect those games to do much at all to boost Vita beyond just acceptable numbers.  So, beyond that, I'm curious to know what his rationale is.  Not to mention, those games are solid releases for the West.  Japan has nothing.  And knowing that, I don't know why Vita will do "great".

Unless "great" will be by Vita standards.  But it isn't because you he's saying it's gonna outsell the Wii U. 

So, I really just can't see this, I hope he responds because my curiousity is killing me, lol

VGKing said:
Kenology said:
Turkish said:

I think only AC: Liberation will make the system sell some decent numbers. COD looks horrendous on the Vita, not even having COD on the tittle will help (at least imo) and it doesn't help BO:2 releases in the same month, which is clearly the better option for most people. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Kenology said:
Turkish said:

Well, there is a new color coming out, aswel as a NFS and AC game wich look awesome. I dont think CoD will do good but it will help sell some systems aswel. I think wiiu will do great aswel, it will probably be very close though.