By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC v. Bridgestone Americas Inc

Boutros said:
We don't what are the contracts between Sony and the Kevin Butler actor so don't be too quick to judge.

If that were the case the suit would be against the actor in a fairly standard breach-of-contract run.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Not really up on US law parlance, but doesn't the second document basically say its been resolved out of court to be confirmed by Oct 12th latest.

Or does that just mean that Bridgestone will be allowed to present a defence.

Yes essentially they are making progress out of court. By Oct 12 they either need to say the discovery is making progess and another date will be issued, that an agreement has been made, or to continue to file for a suit. 

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Mr Khan said:
Boutros said:
We don't know what are the contracts between Sony and the Kevin Butler actor so don't be too quick to judge.

If that were the case the suit would be against the actor in a fairly standard breach-of-contract run.

Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler) is a VP for Bridgestone and so he has a contract with them too. He doesn't necessarily have a say in what Bridgestone ask him to do and so it's not his fault he respected the contract.

Hospitals are sued over mistakes made by doctors or nurses. Maybe it's the same here.

There are actually two defendants, Wildcat Creek, Inc. and Bridgestone. The former is headed by Jerry Lambert who is the actor that portrays Kevin Butler.

So, "Kevin Butler" has been sued by Sony.

Does anybody remember if Jerry Lambert used the name "Kevin Butler" during that advertising ?

The "kevin Butler"character rights probably belong to Sony.

Around the Network

There must be some clause in Jerry Lambert's contract with Sony that limits his ability to promote another console. In this case, he's indirectly promoting the Wii.

I'd love to know what case Sony has. Jerry Lambert isn't directly working for or promoting another console or console manufacturer.

kowenicki said:

Not really up on US law parlance, but doesn't the second document basically say its been resolved out of court to be confirmed by Oct 12th latest.

Or does that just mean that Bridgestone will be allowed to present a defence.

No I think it means that the prcoess of initiatiing the case has begun and the defendant has been contacted, "discovered".

Adinnieken said:
There are actually two defendants, Wildcat Creek, Inc. and Bridgestone. The former is headed by Jerry Lambert who is the actor that portrays Kevin Butler.

So, "Kevin Butler" has been sued by Sony.

Wildcat Creek inc is the advertising company used by Bridgestone for the commerical.

zumnupy10 said:

Does anybody remember if Jerry Lambert used the name "Kevin Butler" during that advertising ?

The "kevin Butler"character rights probably belong to Sony.

No reference was made to Kevin Butler in the commerical.

Everything is going according to plan...