By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there any Xbox360 game worth playing that won't be out on PC?

Dead Rising I guess.

Oh, and to the other argument, yes, Civilization Revolution will be Civ-Lite.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

LOL @ Katamary.

ManusJustusNardus said:
Smidlee said:
I play games just fine on my 3 year old pc.

Yeah, with everything on lowest settings.

Yeah,just  like on a console. Consoles are stuckt at 720p (for the most part). A $1200 Quadcore Dell XPS bought today (I just priced - it's on dell.com front page ) will easily play 5 -6 years of games at 1280X720. Sure it won't play them a 1920x1200 - but then again neither do consoles! You guys are comparing high end ultra high resolution PC gaming to a console and claming the PC is more expensive. A console can't do 1900x1220 (or higher) ever. Your PC will do that for a few years, then drift down as games bvecome more complex eventually bottoming out right around console level 720p. So for $350 you get 720p for 5 years. For $1200 you get to surf vgcharts, do your homework, chat with firends, watch you tube AND play games at super high resolutions for the first few years....

<P>

It seems everyone here has a PC already anyway!

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

practically NO.
x360 is a "CHEAP"(rrod+online for money) alternative to PC.

on x360 i would play:
kameo
pdz
graw(other version then on pc)
crackdown
dead rising(still not confirmed about pc port)
doa4
pgr3/pgr4/forza2(not a racing fan)
ace comabat 6(still not confirmed about ps3 port)
blue dragon
lost odyssey
halo3(though average graphics, and probably won`t be ported this year)
That is all after TWO years. Would take around 3-4 month of single player gaming, not more.

Then there would come:
Too human(pc version possible)
NG2(ps3 version still possible)
Fable2(that also have pc port possibility)
halo wars (same here)
infinite undiscovery

So pretty much, unless you want to play games, as soon as they will be available on the market, there is no big use of x360, because there is no much x360 exclusive games, which would take your single player playing time for more then 3-4 month.

Of`course, you always can buy multiplatform games, they are still games and play for 8-12 month or more.
But for now from view of exclusive x360 games, x360 is not looking very attractive + still under rrod.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

jkimball said:

For $1200 you get to surf vgcharts, do your homework, chat with firends, watch you tube AND play games at super high resolutions for the first few years....

I did that a four years ago and now I'm excluded from PC gaming (except strategy games which I love).  Its just not worth dishing out all that money just to play games.  When I need a new computer for other things (school, work, etc.) then I'll shell out the bucks for a good one.

And noone listen to Crazzyman, his arguments are crazy.  Anyone could make the same argument against the PS3 or the Wii.

America = Best Gaming Console

Europe = Best Game Developers

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Hemlock said:
Is there any Xbox360 game worth playing that won't be out on PC? It seems like all the top tier games are out on PC already, or will be. I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking. The only games I think I'll have to buy an Xbox360 for are the Xbox Live Arcade offerings.

Explain this to me...

People can't seriously answer your question since only you know what games are worth playing to you.

So... are you a sheep looking to be told what your taste in games should be (as the above posters have assumed) or are you trolling?

I know which one I'm guessing...

Thank you everyone for contributing to the thread.  I'm no closer to a solution but I think I have a clearer picture of the situation.  It's not like I'm on the fence about which consoles to buy.  I can buy all 3 consoles hundreds of times over (If I was willing to sell my Nintendo stock :P).  I just don't want to buy any console if it's unnecessary to do so.  And as far as the games that are worth playing to me, I'm just thinking about the top tier games.  Top tier to me means the AAA titles that are getting 8.5+ reviews.  So I suppose I'm a sheep, as I'm just following review scores.  And sorting those review scores by rank in metacritic, it seems like most of the highest rated Xbox360 games have PC ports.  

I'm a little behind the times as I have seriously reduced the amount of gaming I do in order to have some semblence of balance in my life.  It was 6 years ago or so that I seriously started cutting back.  I limit my gaming now to playing either DS or PSP during train commutes.  So six years ago and prior to that, when I breathed, ate, and slept video games, PC was definely superior over consoles with regards to sharp, crisp graphics, and I'm still in that kind of mindset of PC being superior to consoles.  This, even though I'm aware that because of HD and the like consoles can now hold their own with PCs.  And yes, what feels more comfortable to you, your couch with a gamepad or your computer desk with keyboard/mouse, is a significant factor. 

The initial question I posed in the OP is almost moot though, now that I think about it.  There will come a time in the future, possibly the near future even, where I go back to my previous lifestyle of gaming obscene amounts.  When that happens I'll have to own all 3 consoles regardless.  It feels to me though that the Xbox360 would be the easiest for me to delay purchasing.  I don't feel any urgency to get it with its current line up.  The future line-up looks promising though, so by the time I do revert back to indulging in games to an unhealthy degree, chances are the Xbox360 will be more tempting. 

I think the only info you can really gather based on this thread Hemlock are that Vgchartz is swimming with PS3 fanboys/girls.. and a few 360 fanboys/girls that are willing to shout louder to compensate for the difference in numbers.

Problem with PS3 fanboys talking about 360 exclusives being on PC is that:

a) The PS3 has 3 exclusives worth getting AND I'm pretty sure history shows a big jump in technology always kills off even big name franchises (Sonic in 3d, Crash Bandicoot in DVD, Tomb Raider in DVD, there's heaps) so don't expect all of PS2's big guns to pull through this generation unscathed.

b) You could even make an argument about getting the 360 ONLY FOR multiplatform games, I don't think there's a single multiplatform game that honestly plays better on the PS3. Virtua Fighter has online on the 360, Madden, Fifa, NHL all have better framerates on the 360, CoD4 has a better online (better maintanence and more players), GTA4 will have exclusive content. Only one in the near future that I could say PS3 had the advantage would be DMC4, and even then it's not a big one.

c) Talk about what's out now, not whats to come. PS3 fanboys always spoke about what was to come in 07 and look wait happened. Lair happened, Heavenly Sword happened, R&C didn't innovate (though it was still quality). Fact of the matter is, PS3 has very little to show of it's potential thus far, and if it needs to rely on it's old IP's (who let's face it, will start showing the same thing as R&C, marked down because of lack of innovation), then it won't succeed.

Anyone care to inform me about the vastly superior lineup of PC games that are not coming to the PS3 or X360 this year?

Last I checked, the PC wasn't getting Fable 2, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Banjo Kazooie 3, Too Human, or 50 other X360 games this year. Nor 90% of the AAAAA PS3 lineup.

So exactly what games are coming to the PC only this year that will totally blow away the X360 or PS3 lineup, that begs for me to drop $1,000+ dollars on a new PC?

I find if funny when people say their 3 year old gaming PC works for many games, but then cannot play Crysis. What about Bioshock, UT3, or other comparible titles on X360/PS3?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Shio made a pretty impressive list of PC exclusives in the PC forum. Some like Starcraft 2, Dragon Age, Spore, and World of Warcraft: War of the Lich King look pretty impressive.

I'd say about a third of them won't be out until 2009, another third will likely be average or below average games, but the remaining third make the PC very competitive to consoles.

I really think Microsoft should have jumped on some of these games and made them 360 exclusives, particularly Grey Matter (adventure), A Vampyre Story (adventure), America McGee's Grimm (action/adventure), and Jumpgate Evolution (MMO), games in genres that the 360 could use some games or more in.

ManusJustusNardus said:

Dont listen to these guys who hate to see an Western company outcompete a traditionally Japanese based industry.

Xbox 360 has Halo 3, Halo Wars, Fable 2, Losty Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Alan Wake, plus a bunch of others but these are tops in my book...

Thats not to mention that you'll need to get a XBox 360 or PS3 to play Grand Theft Auto 4, and since XBox 360 has better games, better online play, and is cheaper than PS3 you'll be better off getting it.

Err... I doubt Nintendo are feeling too 'outcompeted' right now.  BTW I'd don't care whether the company is US or Japan or Europe, all I want is quality of build and quality and quantity of games - but right now I don't think you can claim MS is outperforming Nintendo.

On topic 360 will have a fair few games that won't hit PC, but I guess history indicates the big FPS and shooters will (i.e. GOW with more levels and higher res, etc).

PC gaming will definately cost you more though (and believe me I know speaking from experience!).

It depends what you want to play more of vs your budget I guess (for example if you really only want to play online MMO and FPS then a PC is really the only choice).  If you want to play FPS and racing and sports and aren't interested in MMO, etc. then I think the 360 would be a more cost effective choice - unless you want highest resolution and framerate in which case PC again (or are hot for the mod scene, which is still really only a function of PC).

Personally this will be my last period of hardcore PC gaming (too expensive).  I still play on PC but have been 'adapting' to console and handheld play more recently.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...