By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Stop deciding on voting for Obama or Romney and look at Gary Johnson

I know there are a lot of people who will defend Obama or Romney tooth and nail. The problem is that they are both the same people. They act like they care about us in the debates or during the campaign, but do you ever hear them say anything like End the FED. Stop the Bailouts or end the drug war. Both Obama and Romney never say anything like that. They never talk about letting the internet be free and stop trying to control your life. They only talk about how they will TRY to fix the economy. Yet we all know it will not work. The Republican excuse is we still have time so we can work this out. Obama idea is the Trickle-down economics that has not worked in the last 4 years.
So why not look at someone who is running in your state most likely and that is Gary Johnson. Johnson talks about things that the Other clowns (Obama and Romney) will not talk about. Gary Johnson talks about how he will fix the economy with a plain that works. Gary Johnson talks about how he will end the Wars overseas and how he will cut spending by 43 percent. The guy makes sense and tells you like it is. Also he is a liberty mined person who fallows the constitution more then the two ass-clowns. Also if your wondering Gary Johnson is a 3rd party person. If we keep voting for the lesser of two evils this country will keep falling. That is why this election cycle I say vote Gary Johnson to show the other two parties that we will not take it anymore from them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcalp1xiIQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z12l_Cq97Qc

Around the Network

His plan will work? Really? How? I'd love to hear an explanation.

Also: Obama's economics are *not* trickle-down--they are 'stuff select constituencies with government cash'-down, which has *nothing* to do with trickle-down as classically understood (HINT: private versus public spending).

Let me be blunt: you vote for Johnson, you're voting for Obama (there is far, far more crossover between Republican and Libertarian voters than Libertarians and Democrats). If you're OK with that, that's great, but you could just vote for Obama and cut out the middleman.

Finally: that anyone still tosses around the 'not a dime's-worth of difference' canard proves nothing other than the person hurling it is completely out-of-touch with reality. After all, do you really think Romney is going to direct tens-of-billions of dollars into green energy boondoggles? Do you really think Romney is going to actively seek to give more money to Planned Parenthood and the like? Do you really think Romney is going to try to *shutdown* coal producers thus causing energy prices to grossly skyrocket? No, you don't, but since libertarians have nothing else to run on, they run on this silly meme that there's no difference between them.

(And I don't even LIKE Romney: he's a cardboard cut-out, but even a cardboard cut-out is better than Obama* and he's certainly better than the no hope on earth of doing anything other than helping Obama win Johnson.)

*That anyone would actually vote for this guy again after 'just' the titanic debt increase (never mind the rest of it) boggles the mind.

ECM said:

Also: Obama's economics are *not* trickle-down--they are 'stuff select constituencies with government cash'-down, which has *nothing* to do with trickle-down as classically understood (HINT: private versus public spending).

Let me be blunt: you vote for Johnson, you're voting for Obama (there is far, far more crossover between Republican and Libertarian voters than Libertarians and Democrats). If you're OK with that, that's great, but you could just vote for Obama and cut out the middleman.

Finally: that anyone still tosses around the 'not a dime's-worth of difference' canard proves nothing other than the person hurling it is completely out-of-touch with reality. After all, do you really think Romney is going to direct tens-of-billions of dollars into green energy boondoggles? Do you really think Romney is going to actively seek to give more money to Planned Parenthood and the like? Do you really think Romney is going to try to *shutdown* coal producers thus causing energy prices to grossly skyrocket? No, you don't, but since libertarians have nothing else to run on, they run on this silly meme that there's no difference between them.

(And I don't even LIKE Romney: he's a cardboard cut-out, but even a cardboard cut-out is better than Obama* and he's certainly better than the no hope on earth of doing anything other than helping Obama win Johnson.)

*That anyone would actually vote for this guy again after 'just' the titanic debt increase (never mind the rest of it) boggles the mind.

HEY man, your letting the cat out the bag...... LOL

Ya I've looked at him. The problem is just because he isn't Romney or Obama doesn't mean he is gold. Sorry but picking the lesser of three evils still doesn't give Johnson my vote.

No! You can't tell me what to do! I love both Obama and Romney. The only hard part is deciding which one I love more.

Around the Network
ECM said:

First off if you keep voting for the lesser of two evil then your still voting for the evil person. People who keep thinking that if I do not want this person as president I have to vote for the other person. Then you end up with someone that is not who you really like. It is basically just a wasted vote like you say voting for Gary Johnson is. Stop the bullcrap of voting third party is a wasted vote. If you would stop that crap and start voting for the best person maybe America might not be in the mess we are in. We might be able to have more voices in a election cycle then just two people.
Also here is Gary Johnson economy plain.
http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/issues/economy-and-taxes

badgenome said:
No! You can't tell me what to do! I love both Obama and Romney. The only hard part is deciding which one I love more.

I would take a look at Gary Johnson. The guy who does not want to put innocent people into jail or all the SOPA crap. Also wants to actually help the American people. Gary Johnson saved New Mexico so I know he has the power to stop economy mess in America. Also he is the ONLY one who wants to get out of all these silly wars.

spurgeonryan said:
badgenome said:

Tell the old timers in charge of your local voting station to go to hell and vote for both.

That's a great idea. George Washington didn't slay that dragon for me to have to conform to some stupid idea of what voting is.

There is absolutely no reason to vote third party in this day and age (regrettably).

You know that this race is between two men. Surely you can choose between two very different plans for our future. Big Federal Government Spending on stimuli, and social programs VS Smaller Federal government and more emphasis on State government. Social issues have no business in this year's election.

Look at your congressional races as well...they are probably even more important than who is president....

In my state and local races they all suck. I live in one if not the most corrupt state in the USA. We get a choice for Senator between a guy who turned from Dem To GOP. Then we have the worst Senator in history who is in office running against him. I hate my state. Also vote Gary Johnson. If we can get the Libertarian party 5 percent voting then they get ballot access in all 50 states and millions of matching funding from both parties. That way in 2016 there will be a better shot for them to win.