By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware + Software Up! Week Ending September 29th! Vita hits 3 million... or not!

I haven't bought a retail pc game in 4 years either. None of my pc snob friends have either. Why spend the time and gas when you can DL - especially having them installed and ready to go at 12:01 am release day!

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

Around the Network

3DS okay.

Vita still toilet surfing.

--

And by the way, it's called freaking soccer - NOT football. Football is a termed reserved for the NFL in the US. We wanted the term, we took the term. It's ours now. You get soccer. Capish?

This week numbers are really weird.

No Little Big Playnet Vita in the charts. (US)
No dead or Alive 5 for X360.

And on a site note: Uncharted 3 selling about 20 k units weekly but everytrime i look on Uncharted 3 i see 4.58 m copies sold. Does vg charts forget to update this numbers.( the same goes for gran tursimo5)

SunofKratos said:
This week numbers are really weird.

No Little Big Playnet Vita in the charts. (US)
No dead or Alive 5 for X360.

And on a site note: Uncharted 3 selling about 20 k units weekly but everytrime i look on Uncharted 3 i see 4.58 m copies sold. Does vg charts forget to update this numbers.( the same goes for gran tursimo5)

uncharted doing 20k and newer games not charting must be typo

jonnybmk said:

3DS okay.

--

And by the way, it's called freaking soccer - NOT football. Football is a termed reserved for the NFL in the US. We wanted the term, we took the term. It's ours now. You get soccer. Capish?

Urm, the hole world mostly refer's to football as some version of that spelling (in French is de foot, in spainish its futbol and german its Fußball), to make the hole world change for one country is a little crazy.

On topic: Good FIFA sales, but I would've expected sales to be much bigger based on EA's announcements :S

PS3 gets a good combined boost, 360 a decent boost. Everything else the same as before.

Around the Network
mitlar37 said:
LBP Vita has been on sale since the 19th on Amazon here in the U.S. and has yet to break the top 100 so I don't think the sales are going to be what people were expecting.

That's not really the issue here, I don't think.  Nobody was expecting gangbuster sales from LBP Vita.  What we were expecting, however, was for it to chart.

It has 33k pre-orders by VGChartz's own figures, which would count towards first-week sales.  Those numbers on their own (without any sales after the game was released) would have put it in the top 10 USA either last week, or this week.  As it stands, it's not in the top 100 for either week.

And aside from that, according to the VGChartz page for it, it hasn't sold a single copy in the USA.  Not one:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70952/littlebigplanet-ps-vita/

Contrasts pretty sharply with 33k pre-orders.

So I think we can at least say that it's not being tracked in the USA at the moment.

Excellent sales for FIFA 13. I guess the sales have been corrected ? Because I don't see anything wrong with the numbers.

jonnybmk said:

3DS okay.

--

since USA is less than 5% of the world I assume we can call football by its own name...

The global totals for games still haven't been updated for last weeks numbers! What's going on?

Its called football because unless american rugby, its played with the feet