By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will Sony drop the 80 GB's price?

When they need it.

mM
Around the Network

When will Soriku stop making a lot of threads?

When will Soriku stop posting a lot of ***** posts?

Ps : Still luve ya Soriku

I'd imagine that they'd do another price cut before the holidays this year. I'm pretty sure Microsoft can afford another small one, and with Sony's lineup this year, I can see MS dropping the price, which would force Sony to do the same to stay competitive.

The question is, will MS or Sony drop it first. And who will see a better gain from the drop? I think MS may be afraid to drop it first as it will probably cause Sony to follow suit and take away from the thunder. I realize in the last generation MS's cuts did very little to save itself from Sony's, but now the two are relatively even in sales.

Nah, Soriku is fine, it's Leo-j I'm worried about ;)

If Sony decides to drop the price (in which they can't due to manufacturing costs), you wanna see them bleed more money from a financial standpoint? :)

Around the Network

some possibility for me,

GTA4 release ?

==> if yes, only expect a little price drop since I doubt Sony will be able to match the "potential" Xbox360 price drop (the 100$ price drop is too recent)

MGS4 release ?

==> the game is hyped, is exclusive : it makes sense even if MGS is a bit too much hardcore ...

November before Xmas ?

==> a another big 100$ price drop as in 2007 ?

Time to Work !

After M$ makes price cut(that`s probably near GTA4 release) OR in Fall 2008.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Naraku_Diabolos said:

Nah, Soriku is fine, it's Leo-j I'm worried about ;)

If Sony decides to drop the price (in which they can't due to manufacturing costs), you wanna see them bleed more money from a financial standpoint? :)

Well from most reports that we've heard Sony's just about breaking even on hardware :P if they pull something out of their ass they could drop again :P I know they don't want to bleed more money, but I'm pretty sure there assuming microsoft will drop prices around GTA4. Whatever happens will be interesting :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

This year i hope, the lower the price the better chance of me buying it.

I predict 10 minutes from now.