By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Politics of the Social Web (graphic)

Might be old, but I don't think I've seen it around here, before:

Full picture: http://www.frogloop.com/storage/Politics-of-the-Social-Web-Engage.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1344030879202

Around the Network

I'd love to see the same sort of thing done for news sites

Andrespetmonkey said:
I'd love to see the same sort of thing done for news sites

Wouldn't that be too obvious? 

OT: I love the Google & Bing differences. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Wikipedia is biased? Or maybe they are talking about the discussion pages?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

No, it's the likelihood of who the typical user is going to vote for.

I assume, what they did is find everybody who "likes" Wikipedia, and then go through that list and see how many "like" Republican-type pages, and how many "like" Democrat-type pages.

Around the Network

Why would Gmail and Ebay users be highly engaged in politics? These stats are distorted.

Slimebeast said:
Why would Gmail and Ebay users be highly engaged in politics? These stats are distorted.

Highly engaged in political-based Facebook pages, which is likely. Afterall, gmail and eBay users are probably more Internet-savvy than the average online user, and so will be more active on Facebook.

SamuelRSmith said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

No, it's the likelihood of who the typical user is going to vote for.

I assume, what they did is find everybody who "likes" Wikipedia, and then go through that list and see how many "like" Republican-type pages, and how many "like" Democrat-type pages.

Yeah, I just realized I misread the sentence "What do your favorite websites say about your politics", probably skipped the word "your".

Interesting graph indeed. *starts drawing conclusions*

Those damn casuals are also casual when it comes to politics.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

There would be issues with this methodology, namely that some people like to register their likes on facebook (so would sign up for sites like this) but avoid talking about politics too much for fear of alienating friends and associates.

I've made one or two political posts of my own, and around five or so times i've lashed out at especially dumb conservative commentary, but i stay well clear of "liking" any political entities.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.