By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U or 3DS this holiday season?

If you could only buy one, which would you buy?

3DS 25 16.34%

Wii U 113 73.86%

I'd get an iPhone 5/see results 15 9.80%

Total:153
JoeTheBro said:

Its cons are:

Expensive (I'd go pro)

You own a PS3, a console that launched at $500-$600 6 years ago and has yet to go below $250 standard MSRP, and you think the Wii U is expensive for launching at $300-$350??

Makes sense.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Given that Pikmin 3 won't be available for a few months...
I'd say go with the 3DS for now...
Just get a Wii U when Pikmin 3 comes out...

Have a nice day...

NightDragon83 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Its cons are:

Expensive (I'd go pro)

You own a PS3, a console that launched at $500-$600 6 years ago and has yet to go below $250 standard MSRP, and you think the Wii U is expensive for launching at $300-$350??

Makes sense.

LOL everything is relative. I'm not comparing the Wii U to the PS3, I'm comparing it to the 3DS. $350 is expensive compared to $170.

JoeTheBro said:
NightDragon83 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Its cons are:

Expensive (I'd go pro)

Makes sense.

LOL everything is relative. I'm not comparing the Wii U to the PS3, I'm comparing it to the 3DS. $350 is expensive compared to $170.

LOL true... well in that case any console is going to seem expensive when compared to a handheld.

Except if that handheld is the PS Vita lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
JoeTheBro said:

LOL true... well in that case any console is going to seem expensive when compared to a handheld.

Except if that handheld is the PS Vita lol.

(I got the first edition early launch 3G Vita bundle for $350)

That being the case I think I'm going with the 3DS now and the Wii U for next summer. Even though the poll leans toward the Wii U, I'm pretty sure that's because it is the cool hip new thing. Also the 3DS is a no risk investment. We know everything about it and its competition. The Wii U however is a huge unknown because down the line games are a mystery and know one has any clue about Durango/Orbis. If I bought a Wii U for christmas and in January Sony announced the PS4 I'd be pretty conflicted since money doesn't grow on trees. I'll wait till I know what each company is bringing to the table before I hand over my money.

Around the Network

get the 3DS, and wait a lil for the U, 2013 holidays should be amazing for the WiiU owners, i expect a big name to be released by that time

Yes.

Anymore questions I can help you with?