By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U: 7 Reasons It’s Already Won The Next-Gen Battle ( how does this A**hole know? Is he a Psychic?)

Teriol said:

why are people still believing a quantum leap ("a large enough technological leap")is going to happen? that is a situation unusual for the industry and that leave sony in a desperate financial state.

Sony is a stubborn goose. They might not be able to afford a leap but they are likely to do something even if it isn't financially viable. They hang on to a rope and won't give up on their products. Even in that financial state going off vita they still insist on taking losses on their systems.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Around the Network

I think Nintendo has a winning strategy overall. I just would add that they need to play up a bit more the social interactive features of the console, like the fact that you can video chat. Social interaction is where it’s at nowadays and I think the Gamepad provides an excellent means for social interaction – so Nintendo just needs to focus on that a bit more I think.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

wfz said:
thekitchensink said:
"4. A brand new gaming experience"

*Shows a picture of Mass Effect 3

I also laughed at the "Third party support *Shows an old Batman port*"

We'll see what happens...

To be fair, I do think that it offers a brand new gaming experience, and that third-party support does look promising.  He just used laughably bad examples XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Main opening selling point should be Nintendo TVii for casuals, gamers will gravitate toward the system if they aren't fanboys of other systems, because this will be a HD Nintendo system and at least for a year will be the most powerful system along with a few interesting titles they might have missed (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate if pushed properly could finally push the system over the top and out of cult status in the western regions).

Ultimately, Nintendo's launch line up while star studded isn't that impressive save it will have access to Black Ops 2 out the gate (way too many ports and late releases of games like Darksiders 2 and AC3 that others probably would have gotten on the other systems).

I would definitely will buy WiiU because my favourite ip will be there. But I'm not totally blind to get excited for next Uncharted series on PS4.

Around the Network

I think the most important advantage is in the power of the system itself.

With the Wii, you had an system with SD graphics competing with the HD consoles, which made it an immediate turn off for hardcore players. But now, all three are going to be HD capable--which means even beastly specs in the 720 or the PS4 won't lead to as wide a chasm. That puts Nintendo in a much better position to broaden the player base...as long as third-party devs actually do something special with the Gamepad and maintain software support.

Indeed, Nintendo HAS to work harder to maintain interest from all sides, with the ever-encroaching rise of tablets and smartphones in the casual market. The Wii didn't really have that kind of competition to worry about.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

WiiU won because it's in its own generation.
Xbox3 and PS4 won't be competing since they will be in their own generation.
I predict that Xbox3 will beat PS4 easily. Headstart and all.