By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Platinum and Nintendo, sitting in a tree - "We are very interested in 3DS!"

Platinum Games “very interested” in 3DS

September 24th, 2012 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Valay | No Comments »

Platinum Games is experienced in working with Nintendo handhelds – kind of. The studio made Infinite Space, but this was the only project they made for the handheld.

Platinum hasn’t announced any 3DS games, but the company is “very interested” in the platform.

Executive director Atsushi Inaba had this to say about the portable:

“We are very interested in the Nintendo 3DS as a platform. I view 3DS as a proper, straightforward evolution from a platform that has had huge success. Being able to view stereoscopic 3D with the naked eye is a great innovation, but very straightforward, so I’m very interested in it. Currently we have a lot of titles in development, and we can’t fund a 3DS game ourselves. So there’s nothing in the works. But I’m very positive on it.”

people, start hyping... in 1 and a half year!

Source

Around the Network

Bayonetta 3 (ds) exclusive on 3ds!

Please send your death threats to nerdrage@platinumgames.com

This news is nothing more than to show Nintendo and Platinum are on nice terms...

There's probably not even an idea for a game in their heads right now, anything is possible, including nothing. To me they could use a forgotten Nintendo franchise, one that ends with oid.

"how about Infinite Space 2 (with better gameplay please)"
i second this
the game definitely had potential, but the gameplay was just awful, i really disliked the battle system

VicViper said:
This news is nothing more than to show Nintendo and Platinum are on nice terms...

There's probably not even an idea for a game in their heads right now, anything is possible, including nothing. To me they could use a forgotten Nintendo franchise, one that ends with oid.

nah i think the Big N has the 'oid' games covered. Rather, let's hope they will leave Nintendo's existing franchises to Nintendo and focus on helping the Big N put more hardcore games in its quiver.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network

I get the feeling Platinum games may be on the way to becoming a second party developer, and that's a good thing. Platinum Games is probably the best developer in Japan right now, but they've always struggled in marketing. Hopefully, Nintendo could help them in that regard.

As for their 3DS game, I doubt it would happen, but I'd love to see Platinum games work on the Kid Icarus franchise. I love Kid Icarus Uprising, and with Sakurai working on Smash Bros, a sequel seems unlikely. With their experience in action games, I think Platinum games could make an incredible sequel.

VicViper said:

do you think they could make a metroid fps that holds a candle against retro studios metroids ?

FrancisNobleman said:

do you think they could make a metroid fps that holds a candle against retro studios metroids ?

Nope, but I don't want a FPS.

To me they could try a 2D one, but with style.

Nintendo just buy the company and their IPs already!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

FrancisNobleman said:
VicViper said:

No.  It's really not their style of game.  Atlthough if they wanted to make a Metroid more along the lines of Other M without the poor design choices, it could be a pretty cool game.

@Roma- Sadly, Platinum games owns very few of their IPs.  Capcom still owns the rights to Okami and Viewtiful Joe, and Sega still owns the rights to Bayonetta.