By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who to use to defeat Giga Bowser in Super Smash Brothers Melee?

For just Adventure Mode, I'm pretty sure I used Samus and won...I don't really remember.

For the event with Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf, I used Jigglypuff of course. It sucked having to fight Ganondorf and Mewtwo with Jigglypuff...but the B-down move got Giga Bowser's 3 lives gone without me taking hardly any damage. Then I just floating away as high as possible and did my standard B move to rack up their damage.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
For just Adventure Mode, I'm pretty sure I used Samus and won...I don't really remember.

For the event with Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganondorf, I used Jigglypuff of course. It sucked having to fight Ganondorf and Mewtwo with Jigglypuff...but the B-down move got Giga Bowser's 3 lives gone without me taking hardly any damage. Then I just floating away as high as possible and did my standard B move to rack up their damage.

The problem with Jigglypuff is that Giga-Bowser is already the easiest enemy to beat in that challenge with or without the Jiggle-factor.  Best pick a character that you know you can take on Ganondorf and Mewtwo with rather than just Giga-Bowser.

Giga bowser?

mM
leo-j said:

Giga bowser?

Try the Melee version:

Is he really that hard?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Is he really that hard?

Not in my opinion.

He's a lot easier to hit than the normal Bowser due to size but he does more damage and is harder to send flying.

Words Of Wisdom said:
BenKenobi88 said:

The problem with Jigglypuff is that Giga-Bowser is already the easiest enemy to beat in that challenge with or without the Jiggle-factor. Best pick a character that you know you can take on Ganondorf and Mewtwo with rather than just Giga-Bowser.

Ironic, huh?

In Event 51 I could easily kill off Giga Bowser but GMan and Mewtwo would sucker punch me long enough for GB to get a lucky strike.

Dang it. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

So in otherwords, every character is good against Giga Bowser. How come Roy's counter doesn't work sometimes?

I used Sheik.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
So in otherwords, every character is good against Giga Bowser. How come Roy's counter doesn't work sometimes?

Some moves are un-counter-able.

off topic: oh, now I know what the pic in your sig is supposed to be.