By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [TGS] PlayStation 3 SLIM v2.0 CONFIRMED [9/25 NA Release]

superchunk said:

So its old school, snap the disc into the tray? meh that's crappy. Can't believe Nintendo isthe only one who kept auto loading for the full gen.

I like it. It has advantages like if your system breaks, you won't have any difficulties getting the disc out. And swapping discs is just faster. Auto Loading is only good for aesthetics really. It has no true advantages.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
superchunk said:

So its old school, snap the disc into the tray? meh that's crappy. Can't believe Nintendo isthe only one who kept auto loading for the full gen.

I like it. It has advantages like if your system breaks, you won't have any difficulties getting the disc out. And swapping discs is just faster. Auto Loading is only good for aesthetics really. It has no true advantages.

Its not "the future...." :)

super slim unboxing

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/19/ps3-super-slim-unboxing?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

crissindahouse said:

super slim unboxing

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/19/ps3-super-slim-unboxing?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Wow, it's a lot smaller than I expected

Looks aside... that top loading system looks very rough.

Around the Network
VicViper said:

what do you mean 'rough'?

Jay520 said:
VicViper said:

what do you mean 'rough'?

Look at the video.

It's not smooth, it's very "mechanical" the way it opens and close. Like they said, looks cheap, and most likely they are refering only to this, as nothing else looks cheap about it.

Looks small and light. The design still looks good while you slide for the disc drive.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

VicViper said:

Look at the video.

It's not smooth, it's very "mechanical" the way it opens and close. Like they said, looks cheap, and most likely they are refering only to this, as nothing else looks cheap about it.

I don't understand. Aside from the sound, It seems to slide open quickly and smoothly to me. 

Looks fugly. But inevitably it's what I'll buy when my fat gives up.