By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

No offense radish, despite serially missing as cop you aren't that bad now.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

I got my cheese and crackers, let's talk!

Final-Fan said:
No offense radish, despite serially missing as cop you aren't that bad now.

I have to agree, despite sometimes being typical radish, I have to say his game has improved massively.

*starts reread of radish*

-first post intro
-some posts of no import
-Asks mantle why he would straight up refuse to take the lie detector

page 2
-asks thanatos why he is against no lynches
-Mantle comments on that question and radish responds 'why are you afraid of thanatos answering the question'.
-responds again that his asking DT was supported by the fact DT answered
-Mantle asks "ok, so what did you get from his answer". Radish responds, not much, but there's no hurt in trying
-Mantle makes a sjoke vote on DT, Radish asks if it was just an example or if mantle has found something of insight
-Radish says something like DT is acting similar to zero last game. Doesn't cast suspicion, just making a note. (it was directed at a yoshi post)
-2 posts of no import, then asks mantle if he's a bearer of light

page 3
-says mantle was oviously not claiming human or shadow, so maybe godlike. Says "the races might be randomized with mafia stuck in each one". (I think he's actually the first person to point this out)

page4
no posts
page5
-asks why would mario and mantle claim godlike if they knew that races was anti-town. Reinforces again that mafia must be spread across races.
here's a post, not worth repeating
-Quotes hat saying "mantle is scum, I'll explain tomorrow". Radish expresses hesitance.
-Says the flavor hunting is just causing confusion. (I disagree. I think a lot of reads surfaced from it)
-Says he 'thought he understood the theme until the flavor meta'.
-Says he doubts we've cracked the drm.

page 6
-Pulls away from mantle, says he makes sense now. Doesn't have any other leads. (although I'm wondering where he had a lead on mantle in the first place. He hesitated on hat's push for mantle, never really accused him of anything, and only made light accusations. Accordingly, he was kind of backing mantle up the entire time by saying that scum were likely placed among all the races)
-Says "wasn't there a round where one faction had no name and others didn't".
some posts that aren't worth posting again
-Asks 'wasn't prof trying to argue that having a name has something to do with alignment (this is a red flag to me, i will get to this in the next post).
-says he thinks both me and hd are mafia arguing together

page 7
-tells zero 'you know if we lynch prof and he flips town, you're in trouble"
defends the shadowspawn/ling thing
-Votes zero. Says 'i don't know whether you're mafia, i just want the flavor madness to end'.
-Zero asks "what's wrong radish, getting worried", he responds by unvoting and saying 'i think you've gotten the point. My vote wasn't to lynch but to stop you.

Oh yeah, Radish.

"But isn't prof trying to argue that having a name does have something to do with alignment?"

And what exactly is your opinion in that? Why didn't you chip in? You accused both me and happy of being scum bickering. Do you think name has something to do with alignment? I don't see how you could stand back and say nothing about the argument if that's what you thought it was about.

I'm putting my vote back on
vote:radish

Your wishiwashiness this past few days has been notable. You have added suspicions to others, but haven't really done much. You said earlier "someone has to ask questions", yet you haven't really asked any questions. You displayed hesitation to vote the one person who was your suspect, have no other suspects or evidence, and you quickly move away from the people who you have asked questions to. You thought my arguement with happy was about something completely different than it was, so I'll slap you with active lurking as well.

Around the Network

noc feel free to drop in and talk with us a bit.

theprof00 said:
Oh yeah, Radish.

"But isn't prof trying to argue that having a name does have something to do with alignment?"

And what exactly is your opinion in that? Why didn't you chip in? You accused both me and happy of being scum bickering. Do you think name has something to do with alignment? I don't see how you could stand back and say nothing about the argument if that's what you thought it was about.

My character does have a name, but I'm not a shadowling, so that doesn't help us at all. My point was that let's say the nameless shadowling was in fact Mafia- why would Stefl give the Mafia shadowlings no names, when he (presumably) knew that this would lead to game-breaking meta? Why couldn't the nameless shadowling simply claim a fake name? I didn't want to get directly involved in that argument, because I think it's simply two town-members trying to get eachother killed over a bit of a non-point; I suggested you could be both mafia earlier, but I thought it was obvious that I was trying to create shock value to make a point (such as the vote on Zero)- otherwise I would have actually voted and started pressing on one of you.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

theprof00 said:
Why do you guys like hatz? I like hatz too but im curious.

Also we need to get some lurkers in here. Havent heard nearly enough from radiah carl and ff. And some people were using the excuse of the meta to active lurk.

How do you both think we should proceed? With hatz both of you nyself happy and trucks we nearly have majority. Zero has his own agenda apparently, so were going to need 4 more votes if we all vote togerher whoch i think we should. Should we each put forth three and pick or should we try to get more discussion or what?

Ive been here and posting.

I really don't see what else I could have done on this first day. A whole bunch of it has been about meta, like you said. Even now you guys are talking about previous games!

There are certain other users barely here at all who you didnt name too. Noctis, Spurge, Linkz... Why not mention them?

Yeah still want to go with Mantle & him revenge voting me not really winning him any points from me.

So Kantor dropping out ? He does this alot and with this many posts night 1 it was expected >_>

If most of you wants a "no lynch" then just go a head and vote Kantor.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

meh I kinda stopped reading and posting when I saw Kantor quit. Both because I hate it when players (usually townies) do that, and I was turned off by the sudden realization that we do overkill it with posts during day 1.

I don't want long day 1s anymore. And to take from F-F, I don't want this game or any future to be a chore. When it comes to the point where there are so many posts that it's hard to find a replacement due to that fact, it's time for us to start seriously thinking about the way we approach day 1. I mean look at the towers of posts between prof and happy. That's more than enough information that the average player should know , require or need to do basic analyzations. It honestly made me skip a heap of their conversation.

I may not have understood where F-F was coming from, but after hours of thinking about it, I'm an advocate of simpler, shorter game starts.

I'm done with day 1.

Vote: Zero

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson