Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

theprof00 said:
Smeags i already said them.
Midnight 1 yoshi- scum
Midnight 2 linkz- scum

Oh. Apologies shadowling.

Our findings don't intertwine then.

Around the Network

So prof, say we as a town body were to believe your claim.
Would you be looking for a Yoshiya, linkz double lynch then? Or do you think we should focus on Yoshiya/linkz singularly.
Smeags, what are your findings that you're hinting at then?

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

My brain is muddled.

Ive looked over my mantle suspicions amd had a good think about it, and Im probably just overthinking it. It happened almost 2 Weeks ago, I can barely even remember 2 days ago...

Didnt think I, or the game itself, would even last 2 Weeks

Im willing to unvote and let it go... But by the end of the game, if I was right... Curse you all!

Unvote mantle

Not sure what else to do. Guess Ill have another read through the last few days. One things for sure though, I really need to follow a few games after this one.

I'll say that Lord Stefl had some fun with my abilities... and that over the past two midnights I've steered my gaze towards DarkThanatos and Carl.

What's interesting is that I have the ability to destroy those who dwell in the light... and you two are still alive.

theprof00 said:
My scan last night was decided by events and relationships.
i scanned linkz, he is scum.

And there's the lie. I don't doubt you'd scan me if you're actually a cop, I'd have been a great choice.  But I'm not scum. The simplest explanation to me is you're just trying to trip me up.

Around the Network
tabaha said:
Linkzmax said:
tabaha said:
I don't know who to choose between Carl and mantle. Mantle isn't town because he failed with that light = town and dark = mafia. Carl being human is also suspicious.
If I assume that scum gets info on what they are regarding light and dark, and some third parties no, then Carl is the most suspicious one. Too bad we can't be sure about this, but I'll vote him.

Vote: Carl

How do you vote Carl after saying the bold?

I'm conflicted between you sacrificing a scummate to appear better or hopping on an easy mislynch.

Maybe because I'm thinking he can be third party without being scum.

What third party pro-town roles do you know of?

Final-Fan said:
DarkThanatos said:
Out of curiousity, how many types of cop could their feasibly be in one game? Hatmoza was Flavourcop, what other cop types are there?

Well, the most common one is the Alignment Cop, normally just called the Cop.  It usually distinguishes between mafia and non-mafia (putting the SK in with non-mafia, but usually putting cults in with mafia), but sometimes distinguishes between town and not-town (detecting all scum).  Then there's the Role Cop (self explanatory, and often a scum role), and the Flavor Cop which you are acquainted with already. 

There are sometimes variations on the regular Cop, to weaken town.  Paranoid Cop always returns a guilty scan; Naive Cop, always innocent; Insane Cop gives a random result (and I think it's a bullshit role).  The cop won't be told that he's one of these "wrong answer" variants.  If Prof has already got one innocent and one guilty scan, IMO we can trust his results as long as he's really a cop. 

Insane Cop gives the opposite result. Random or Schziophrenic Cop gives a random result.(And is a bastard role)

Oh and..

Final-Fan said:

If Prof has already got one innocent and one guilty scan, IMO we can trust his results as long as he's really a cop. 

theprof00 said:
And what if i told you i had a cop scan on yoshi?
theprof00 said:
My scan last night was decided by events and relationships.
i scanned linkz, he is scum.
Final-Fan said:
Vote Linkzmax

lolz

Smeags said:
I'll say that Lord Stefl had some fun with my abilities... and that over the past two midnights I've steered my gaze towards DarkThanatos and Carl.

What's interesting is that I have the ability to destroy those who dwell in the light... and you two are still alive.

So you're a cop/vig?

Linkzmax said:

So you're a cop/vig?

That is how I would describe it. Yes.

This is why I was very interested in Carl's lynch (as he was two away from a lynch). His reveal would be instrumental in seeing if I was correct (and put Mantle in a bad light), or that he is scum and I've been blocked/redirected (which means that DarkT is scum as well).