By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
mantlepiecek said:
If there is an SK with a goal to rid of all shadowspawn, then there can be an SK with a goal to rid of all humans.

Would that include good and bad humans?

With confirmation of what radish was, it could very well be possible that there's such a role exists because from a balance standpoint a Serial Killer is supposed to even things out by killing both town and scum but radish's role was designed to only kill townies.

So if you're out there human-killer, please shoot Yoshiya, it'll answer some questions.

huh?

His goal was to eliminate all shadowspawn (I'm still considering all shadowspawn/lings to be town)

Why would you think that?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

His goal was to eliminate all shadowspawn (I'm still considering all shadowspawn/lings to be town)

Because I have no reason to think otherwise. This game is set as a light vs dark battle and I can't see shadowspawn on the side of light ("enlightened" shadowspawn doesn't seem likely to me).

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Because I have no reason to think otherwise. This game is set as a light vs dark battle and I can't see shadowspawn on the side of light ("enlightened" shadowspawn doesn't seem likely to me).

Ok so then let's figure out what this would imply.

A) All shadowspawn are town. Therefore, he's an SK that can't hit mafia. Therefore, it's in mafia's best interest to keep him alive as his "confirming human" doesn't really do anything. Because he can't kill mafia, and mafia would want him to kill town and not want to kill him, then that would also mean that we need to look back at the scum numbers again.

18 players (1/4 = mafia) > 4 mafia.
A serial killer who could hit mafia would normally entail 5 mafia.

With 4 mafia, 14 town is 2 townies too many, so the game would need a balance somehow. We were also only aware of two shadowspawn, nen and spurge. Could those two be the extra two? The problem I'm having is whether the shadowspawn would include the lings, which is doubtful, as radish on his own could never take out 5 shadow creatures (you, me, linkz, trucks, zero- and maybe spurge on top of that). 

So maybe radish was only here to take out two townies? That could make sense, but it's very swingy, imo.

Im still holding the thought that there is a SK of at least one other race. Possibly both others. Dont see how there can be a SK of a race though, without a "race tracker" also on the team either.

Im also STILL curious on the differences between Shadowspawn/ling.

I also just passed my driving test (:D) so I wont be on much tonight. Celebrating!!

Ill try get on when I can

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Im still holding the thought that there is a SK of at least one other race. Possibly both others. Dont see how there can be a SK of a race though, without a "race tracker" also on the team either.

Im also STILL curious on the differences between Shadowspawn/ling.

Possibly exactly for the reason that radish could have a victory criteria. We haven't heard of any different godlikes, and we don't have evidence of any different humans.

The naming conventions could have been exactly for that purpose alone.

Carl2291 said:
I also just passed my driving test (:D) so I wont be on much tonight. Celebrating!!

Congrats Carl !

It is possible that the town is a bit more powerful than the mafia : Only 4 mafia and there are townies among humans too so a single SK who can take out only shadowspawn would make sense.

This would also mean that nen would have to be a townie...I shall remove him from my group for now.

Suspects are:
Yoshi, hat, carl

Carl2291 said:

Celebrate all you want but don't drink and drive!

Signature goes here!