By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 46 - Realm of Darkness

Final-Fan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Yoshiya said:
So after all this complaining about things like flavour hunting, we are all trying to work out what the made-up flavour is based off of? Great work stopping with the flavour hunting guys -.-

To me, it's all a result of the desire to avoid a Day One No Lynch.

While I agree that lynching on Day One puts us in a better position for the following days, the drawback is that in order to generate discussion, we cling to flavor since it's the only thing we've got at the start of the game.

This is why I think VGC Mafia needs total lack of flavor right now. 

I can understand that opinion. However just a note about Stefl, he appears to have put quite a lot of thought into this, so good effort on that front. 

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

Around the Network

With 18 players alive it needs 10 to lynch. A double lynch is possible.

L-9 L-8
L-7
L-6
L-5
L-4
L-3
L-2
L-1
L@NCHTIME
prof
nen

pezus noctis

noctis spurge                  
zero linkz                  
kantor                    
darkT mantle                  
mantle darkT                  
no lynch F-F kantor                

since there was speculation: of course there are unvotes, they are just not necesary when voting another person

Stefl1504 said:

With 18 players alive it needs 10 to lynch. A double lynch is possible.

L-9 L-8
L-7
L-6
L-5
L-4
L-3
L-2
L-1
L@NCHTIME
no lynch kantor                  

I believe I voted No Lynch before Kantor did.  In any case, I certainly did vote it. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

mantlepiecek said:

Slowly, their minds will be teinted by the darkness surrounding them, and only fate knows, if they will be able to complete their mission. On the other end of the realm the evil overlords plan to subdue everything inside the darkness, in order to use the upcoming event to invade all other realms and gain absolute dominion.

This makes me feel light = good, darkness = bad.

My take ?

The OP makes it look that the world of darkness is the town. The light represents the scum.

The "small" group of heroes (humans) are the mafia team & the shadow creatures are the townies.

So

Dark = good, light = bad, night = day 

So what do you guys think about this?If most disagree then that means flavour hunting wont get you anywhere this round my friends :)

You suckers better scum hunt for real tonight :P

Players that interst me so far are Zero, Trucks and hatmoza.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
mantlepiecek said:

Slowly, their minds will be teinted by the darkness surrounding them, and only fate knows, if they will be able to complete their mission. On the other end of the realm the evil overlords plan to subdue everything inside the darkness, in order to use the upcoming event to invade all other realms and gain absolute dominion.

This makes me feel light = good, darkness = bad.

My take ?

The OP makes it look that the world of darkness is the town. The light represents the scum.

The "small" group of heroes (humans) are the mafia team & the shadow creatures are the townies.

So

So what do you guys think about this?If most disagree then that means flavour hunting wont get you anywhere this round my friends :)

Define what you mean by interest?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

You are "tingling" my spidey sense (not necessarily in a bad way)

Don't mind me....i'm just thinking out loud.

zero129 said:
nen-suer said:

So what do you guys think about this?If most disagree then that means flavour hunting wont get you anywhere this round my friends

I also have good reason to believe the shadowspawns are townies as for the others i think you might be right about the heros but where does that leave the Godlike things??.

Godlike can be a power wielding townies, a 2nd mafia faction or 3rd party individuals (makes sense, one man faction = godlike)

The question is. If most agree that "shadowspawns = good" then why did Mario & Mantle say otherwise and why didnt TruckS

reliaze what i was asking when i mentioned mario's post ?

All three wont make a stupid claims & mistakes like this...thats why i'm thinking the whole thing maybe randomized.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You are "tingling" my spidey sense (not necessarily in a bad way)

Don't mind me....i'm just thinking out loud.

zero129 said:
nen-suer said:

So what do you guys think about this?If most disagree then that means flavour hunting wont get you anywhere this round my friends

I also have good reason to believe the shadowspawns are townies as for the others i think you might be right about the heros but where does that leave the Godlike things??.

Godlike can be a power wielding townies, a 2nd mafia faction or 3rd party individuals (makes sense, one man faction = godlike)

The question is. If most agree that "shadowspawns = good" then why did Mario & Mantle say otherwise and why didnt TruckS

reliaze what i was asking when i mentioned mario's post ?

All three wont make a stupid claims & mistakes like this...thats why i'm thinking the whole thing maybe randomized.

You asked your question quoting my comment about Mantle's wording so my response centered around Mario's wording as well.

If you were asking about what I think of his statement, here's what I got from it. Mario has to be Human, since his assessment about shadowspawns is wrong and since he had to guess what godlike was.

Signature goes here!

UNVOTE

This is getting silly.

nen-suer said:

My take ?

So

What I don't understand is how you even can scumhunt without looking at the flavour on Day One. There is literally nothing that has even happened so far.

Maybe we should start all Mafia games with Night One.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Well, you start with not-quite-random finger pointing and then see how people react to it. Or vote No Lynch and see how people react to it. I think our Day 1s are out of control but there's still value in even a short Day 1 that ends in No Lynch (or a lynch).

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!