By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zeschuk and Muzyka leaving Bioware

Tagged games:

Khuutra said:
Gamerace said:
Once bought by EA Bioware probably became containmented by sequelitist and doing endless sequels instead of crossing be boundries is probably what bored these guys into leaving. Having completed SWK:KoToR MMO, and ME3 they'd finished what they'd started and probably weren't at liberty to start anything really new.

Shame. Hopefully they'll get back into gaming, even if it's one iOS/Android where they can ship there own ship again.

They're done with gaming. They're actually retired. One of them is just going to go on a beer tour around the world.

Your point?

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Khuutra said:
Gamerace said:
Once bought by EA Bioware probably became containmented by sequelitist and doing endless sequels instead of crossing be boundries is probably what bored these guys into leaving. Having completed SWK:KoToR MMO, and ME3 they'd finished what they'd started and probably weren't at liberty to start anything really new.

Shame. Hopefully they'll get back into gaming, even if it's one iOS/Android where they can ship there own ship again.

They're done with gaming. They're actually retired. One of them is just going to go on a beer tour around the world.

Your point?

I.... I mean to convey that I don't think that's very likely, because they're entrepeneurs first and foremost? The one who's not taking a Beer Tour is actually going into serious entrepeneurism, though the shape that will take isn't clear

Khuutra said:

I.... I mean to convey that I don't think that's very likely, because they're entrepeneurs first and foremost? The one who's not taking a Beer Tour is actually going into serious entrepeneurism, though the shape that will take isn't clear

It's called alcoholism.

Slimebeast said:

Oh I didn't know that. I thought that Muzuka and the other guy not only set the tone for DA and ME (with mature liberal themes and all) but also decided upon production and game design, no matter what their formal roles in Bioware were. I knew that the writer for these games is some other guy, but for me the story doesn't define a game.

So who's the brainchild behind Dragon Age then?

David Gaider was credited as the creator of DA, he also wrote HK-47, and created the Dragon Age world and wrote many of the main characters and was one of the design leads as well. So him and James Ohlen are responsible for the world and a lot of the overal direction.

The art director was Brent Knowles who was also a game designer so is probably responsible for a lot of the look and feel of the world. And Georg Zoeller is probably responsible for the minute to minute gameplay.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

badgenome said:
Khuutra said:

It's called alcoholism.

That's what i was thinking. "Imma retire from videogames to go drinking around the planet."

It's the rich-man's version of going wino.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
foxtail said:

Maybe they'll go back to medicine or something related.   Both those guys are doctors who wanted to start a medical software company, hence Bioware.

Huh. I knew Muzkya is constantly referred to as "doctor," but the rest of this is news to me.

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuck both earned their medical degrees at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada. That's where they met and eventually started BioWare.  Together they programmed educational software for the Faculty of Medicine. The two were joined by Augustine Yip, who collaborated with them on a medical simulation program of the digestive tract.  Playing videogames was a hobby of theirs, but they soon realized their true vision was to develop extraordinary videogame software of their own.

I'm with Khuutra.

I don't think this had much if anything to do with EA.

In fact, such thoughts creeping in are likely WHY they sold to EA in the first place.