By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Alice is Back! Did you or are you going to see the New Resident Evil movie?

They all have been so cheesy... but I always watch them. xD

Around the Network

Saw it earlier on friday.
Me and my Fiance' have seen them all, like them all, and were excited to see this. Movie was horrible!
all it did was nothing. No plot or charchter development at all. Ada was underwhelming, barry as well.
For the most part, this movie is comparable to Single player DLC that has nothing to do with the story and is overpriced.
I except the next and final RE movie to be good.
NOW Resident evil Damnaition was GREAT! really enjoyed it

Well on a objective view all the resident evil flicks are shit and bad but they are so bad and did so much wrong that they went good again ( if you know what i mean).

SunofKratos said:
Well on a objective view all the resident evil flicks are shit and bad but they are so bad and did so much wrong that they went good again ( if you know what i mean).

People will say they are shit, but are they really?  Most RE movies succeed in what they set out to do. I think people go in expecting something that RE movies and games are not really meant to be.

This one had probably the best action special effects of any movie this year, and some pretty crazy set pieces. Furthermore it was filmed quite well and was very enjoyable to watch in 3D. (no shakey cam here)

Yeah acting sucks and plot has holes, but it keeps things moving from set piece to set piece.

Not every movie needs to be all seriouz and taken seriously like the Dark Knight.

At disolitude: This is what i mean. Resident Evil are popcorn movies. If you take this movies any serious you will get dissapointed ( dissapointed by the bad story, the bad actors, the overpowered action scenes, the plotholes) but if you want to have a no brainer for 90 minutes than resident evil is my cup ot tea.
The Resident evil series is a phenomen for me. It does so much worng but i ve always enjoy the overall product.
A little bit action here, some zombies there, a naked Milla Jovovich in the middle mixed with some gore effects. Its really fun to watch.

Cant wait to see the movie next friday.

Around the Network
SunofKratos said:
At disolitude: This is what i mean. Resident Evil are popcorn movies. If you take this movies any serious you will get dissapointed ( dissapointed by the bad story, the bad actors, the overpowered action scenes, the plotholes) but if you want to have a no brainer for 90 minutes than resident evil is my cup ot tea.
The Resident evil series is a phenomen for me. It does so much worng but i ve always enjoy the overall product.
A little bit action here, some zombies there, a naked Milla Jovovich in the middle mixed with some gore effects. Its really fun to watch.

Cant wait to see the movie next friday.

Yeah, thats exactly the same how I feel about the series. I probably liked some better than others, but I never had a terrible time watching them.

I also find that each movie has a unique vibe and feel(usually very different from the game). I guess different directors will do that, but its just interesting to see different interpretations of game series.

Every time a Resident Evil movie comes out people do this dance people goes to see movie complain it is complete shit or dont see it and still complain the then movie makes tons of money studio says they will be making a sequel people then proceed to complain why do they keep making these movies.The movie has found an audience it is clear a lot of people in this thread are not that audience.

Oh, is this out soon? It's completely slipped under my radar.

I'll probably go and watch it, since I've seen the first four. I actually positively liked the first & third films. The second & fourth were a bit iffy, but going by this formula...

Anyway, yeah. They are what they are. Good popcorn movies, mindless but enjoyable.

First watch this then decide

I'll just rent it,as it's just going to be mindless entertainment.