By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita's Q1/2 2013 potential line up

Could this be the Vita's 2013 Q1+Q2 line up. Its just a list of announced games and when I think they are likely to come out, I've tried to be realistic and so far it seems they are on their way to having a killer 2013!

January/March:

Sly Cooper 4, Soul Sacrifice, Piccoto Knight, FFX HD

April/june:

Tear Away, Phantasy Star Online 2, Killzone Mercinaries

I don't know what sony would have lined up for the 2nd half but heres some wishfull thinking, hopefully they don't just try and stretch out  the above titles across the full length of the year.

July/september 2013:

Final Fantasy Type 0(type 1), Puppeteer   <<< All Rather realistic

October/december 2013:

Borderlands (spin off), Grand Turismo Vita, Morrowind HD,  GTA, FFVI

What do you guys think? Will the 3DS's be stronger?

Around the Network

Puppeteer is a ps3 exclusive no? Morrowind hd??..where are you getting that fromZ

isnt sly cooper 4 for this year?

The whole 2nd half is the just wishful thinking. Although, I Puppeteer coming to Vita is very plausible. Its Visuals are brilliant but in the range of what the Vita can faithfully replicate. All ps3 titles which fit this build have eventually been announced for the Vita (Ratchet and Clank, PS All Stars, Sly Cooper).

bananaking21 said:
isnt sly cooper 4 for this year?

It got pushed back to 2013. Rightly so as well, this years fall line up is too busy. 

Around the Network

Most of the later games will only come to the Vita if it's sales improve a lot, and even if they do, those games would also come to the 3DS.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

I doubt that tearaway and Killzone will be out before next E3. There's also no word on FFX HD.

Sly Cooper, Piccoto Knight, Soul Sacrifice and PSO2 are the only realistic expectations on this list. At least Vita fans seem to recognize now that Bioshock Vita will not be coming next year, so that's a good thing. We passed denial.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

3DS is very strong right now, for both west and japan.

Vita is OKish for the west market - especially for those 2 first party games, but for Japan it got zero right now! Only the PSO 2 port and that announced Super Robot Wars (which we still don't know nothing). That's it. Kinda worringly... epic TGS or it's going to have some difficulties.

Hmm, a new COD for the next holidays is guaranteed no?

VicViper said:

Vita is OKish for the west market - especially for those 2 first party games, but for Japan it got zero right now! Only the PSO 2 port and that announced Super Robot Wars (which we still don't know nothing). That's it. Kinda worringly... epic TGS or it's going to have some difficulties.

We'll see how the current COD peforms, I feel like they've only got one chance o get t right and if this games goes badly, people will dismiss portable COD in the future.

In terms of the Japanes Market, I don't understand their tastes well enough to judge. I would have never expected that Diva game to sell so many Vita's and would have expect a game like gravity rush to do well over there but it didn't.

teigaga said:
VicViper said:

We'll see how the current COD peforms, I feel like they've only got one chance o get t right and if this games goes badly, people will dismiss portable COD in the future.

In terms of the Japanes Market, I don't understand their tastes well enough to judge. I would have never expected that Diva game to sell so many Vita's and would have expect a game like gravity rush to do well over there but it didn't.

CoD on vita wont do anything for it at home in japan tho, like literally 0 interest there in fps games. That is where it needs to get itself started off like back in japan then get a lot of dev interest and start localizing the games worldwide. If it keeps slipping more and more below the 10k mark in japan each week it would be very bad news.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive