By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita's Q1/2 2013 potential line up

ganoncrotch said:
teigaga said:
VicViper said:

3DS is very strong right now, for both west and japan.

Vita is OKish for the west market - especially for those 2 first party games, but for Japan it got zero right now! Only the PSO 2 port and that announced Super Robot Wars (which we still don't know nothing). That's it. Kinda worringly... epic TGS or it's going to have some difficulties.

Hmm, a new COD for the next holidays is guaranteed no?

We'll see how the current COD peforms, I feel like they've only got one chance o get t right and if this games goes badly, people will dismiss portable COD in the future.

In terms of the Japanes Market, I don't understand their tastes well enough to judge. I would have never expected that Diva game to sell so many Vita's and would have expect a game like gravity rush to do well over there but it didn't.

CoD on vita wont do anything for it at home in japan tho, like literally 0 interest there in fps games. That is where it needs to get itself started off like back in japan then get a lot of dev interest and start localizing the games worldwide. If it keeps slipping more and more below the 10k mark in japan each week it would be very bad news.

Not exactly true... last cod did 360 k there on PS3. That's better than a lot of games out there... a lot.

But I wouldn't trust Declassified doing good numbers there. So far it's not even listed for release and won't show up at TGS, like the other CODs.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
I doubt that tearaway and Killzone will be out before next E3. There's also no word on FFX HD.

Sly Cooper, Piccoto Knight, Soul Sacrifice and PSO2 are the only realistic expectations on this list. At least Vita fans seem to recognize now that Bioshock Vita will not be coming next year, so that's a good thing. We passed denial.

Theres no word on FFX but its simply a remastering so, I don't see any development problem, its coming when ever square want it to. They could have  a blow out at TGS and release it in japan the following month.

As for Killzone, its been in development for over a year and a half now, so I think it'll be ready early 2013. Its just a case of what sony have planned for the rest of the year and whether they need something to fill in their fall line up. I doubt Sould Sacrifice,Tear Away and killzone are their only PSV games coming out in 2013

Flanneryaug said:
Most of the later games will only come to the Vita if it's sales improve a lot, and even if they do, those games would also come to the 3DS.

I think FFVI is the only one that would come to the 3DS.

GT is garunteed for Vita, just not sure when. 

Gearbox have already expressed interest in porting borderlands, but are to busy atm and need sony to do it, but sony don't won't ports they want spinoffs. I could see a borderlands 2.5, many re-used assets but new story and some new characters+weapons, possibly aided by Bend studios?

If GTA is in development, its likely it began before before sales could be taken into account. I don't know what else rockstar leeds are working on.

teigaga said:

Could this be the Vita's 2013 Q1+Q2 line up. Its just a list of announced games and when I think they are likely to come out, I've tried to be realistic and so far it seems they are on their way to having a killer 2013!

January/March:

Sly Cooper 4, Soul Sacrifice, Piccoto Knight, FFX HD

April/june:

Tear Away, Phantasy Star Online 2, Killzone Mercinaries

I don't know what sony would have lined up for the 2nd half but heres some wishfull thinking, hopefully they don't just try and stretch out  the above titles across the full length of the year.

July/september 2013:

Final Fantasy Type 0(type 1), Puppeteer   <<< All Rather realistic

October/december 2013:

Borderlands (spin off), Grand Turismo Vita, Morrowind HD,  GTA, FFVI

What do you guys think? Will the 3DS's be stronger?

I dont know what you're using but its pretty strong stuff. Most of those games arent even confirmed. FFXHD will not come out in the next six months i dont think. PSO2 much less. Maybe Q3/Q4 in the west.

The games you list for the second half of the year are all made up. Wich is why i think you're either high or trolling.

The 3DS will definitly have a stronger line-up. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire emblem to start off the year. Ace attourney 5 later in the year... between other goodies to look forward to like MH4 and SMT4.

To be completely honest, i like the Vita as a system even though it fails as a product that should diferentiate itself from the competition, but without a price cut, the system is gonna get chocked by the 3DS and the Wii U. I do think the Vita dies after this christmas. You will have some games early next year but third party support will be gone. Its then up to Sony to drag the system along if they want.

Nem said:
teigaga said:

Could this be the Vita's 2013 Q1+Q2 line up. Its just a list of announced games and when I think they are likely to come out, I've tried to be realistic and so far it seems they are on their way to having a killer 2013!

January/March:

Sly Cooper 4, Soul Sacrifice, Piccoto Knight, FFX HD

April/june:

Tear Away, Phantasy Star Online 2, Killzone Mercinaries

I don't know what sony would have lined up for the 2nd half but heres some wishfull thinking, hopefully they don't just try and stretch out  the above titles across the full length of the year.

July/september 2013:

Final Fantasy Type 0(type 1), Puppeteer   <<< All Rather realistic

October/december 2013:

Borderlands (spin off), Grand Turismo Vita, Morrowind HD,  GTA, FFVI

What do you guys think? Will the 3DS's be stronger?

I dont know what you're using but its pretty strong stuff. Most of those games arent even confirmed. FFXHD will not come out in the next six months i dont think. PSO2 much less. Maybe Q3/Q4 in the west.

The games you list for the second half of the year are all made up. Wich is why i think you're either high or trolling.

The 3DS will definitly have a stronger line-up. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire emblem to start off the year. Ace attourney 5 later in the year... between other goodies to look forward to like MH4 and SMT4.

To be completely honest, i like the Vita as a system even though it fails as a product that should diferentiate itself from the competition, but without a price cut, the system is gonna get chocked by the 3DS and the Wii U. I do think the Vita dies after this christmas. You will have some games early next year but third party support will be gone. Its then up to Sony to drag the system along if they want.

The 1st 2 quarters are all confirmed titles, the 2nd half is wishfull thinking as I stated in the post. 

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Flanneryaug said:
Most of the later games will only come to the Vita if it's sales improve a lot, and even if they do, those games would also come to the 3DS.

Gearbox have already expressed interest in porting borderlands, but are to busy atm and need sony to do it, but sony don't won't ports they want spinoffs. I could see a borderlands 2.5, many re-used assets but new story and some new characters+weapons, possibly aided by Bend studios?

If GTA is in development, its likely it began before before sales could be taken into account. I don't know what else rockstar leeds are working on.

I don't think they have started a portable GTA yet, they're probably too focused on GTA5. If a portable GTA does come out it would definitely come to 3DS though.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Flanneryaug said:
teigaga said:
Flanneryaug said:

I don't think they have started a portable GTA yet, they're probably too focused on GTA5. If a portable GTA does come out it would definitely come to 3DS though.

They were'nt part of the development for GTA IV, I wouldn't expect them to be working on GTA V. At most I'd expect them to only have a small support role, maybe they're in charge of the PC port but again, I wouldn't expect that to get in the way of a brand new handheld title.

teigaga said:
bananaking21 said:
isnt sly cooper 4 for this year?

It got pushed back to 2013. Rightly so as well, this years fall line up is too busy. 

not for the ps3 and vita it isnt :(

Dragons Crown!

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype