By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What last generation HD franchise do you want to be the next Wii U exclusive?

After seeing all the meltdowns by Sony and Microsoft fanatics; I thought it would be an interesting thing to expand on it.  What 3rd party franchise that usually hasn't graced a Nintendo home console to you want to come to the Wii U as an exlusive?  I for one would love a true KH sequel to be a Wii U exlusive!!!  Why? because the only game system I have supported have been from Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft.  Since Sega doesn't do hardware and M$ always gets shafted by SE, I believe Nintendo is the best candidate for the series besides Sony.  It happened with DQ, MH, Bayonetta 2, so it could have a GREAT CHANCE of coming to the Wii U as an exclusive, especially seeing how the system will have a year or so start compared to Sony.  Great times to be a Nintendo gamer, despite increased competition from tablets, Microsoft and Sony.

Around the Network

Why in the world would you want them to be exclusive and not on as many platforms as possible?

Andrespetmonkey said:
Why in the world would you want them to be exclusive and not on as many platforms as possible?

Best OBVIOUS answer: Because exclusives help sell hardware especially during the systems early years.  Since I am a huge Nintendo fan, I would love them to sell as many hardware as possible in order to insure continous support of the platform.

hm? it's always a great time to feed your superiority complex

btw there was no KH this gen, so that's not a "last gen HD franchise"; better to aim for sth like the Tales of series

oni-link said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Best OBVIOUS answer: Because exclusives help sell hardware especially during the systems early years.  Since I am a huge Nintendo fan, I would love them to sell as many hardware as possible in order to insure continous support of the platform.

Still don't see why you'd want that. It's the first-party exclusives that sell Ninty platforms, it doesn't need to worry about having third party exclusives. The only third party exclusives that'd have huge impacts on sales will never be exclusive to the Wii U, or any other system imo.

So my answer to the question is none, but I don't want them to be exclusive to the other platforms either because no system needs third-party exclusives to survive and thrive so I see no real benefit to the consumer.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

hm? it's always a great time to feed your superiority complex

btw there was no KH this gen, so that's not a "last gen HD franchise"; better to aim for sth like the Tales of series

thanks...I've only played the DS and 3DS versions.  It would be nice to see a remastered version for the previous ones in FULL HD for the Wii U if the 3rd one becomes a Wii U exclusive.

Andrespetmonkey said:
oni-link said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Best OBVIOUS answer: Because exclusives help sell hardware especially during qthe systems early years.  Since I am a huge Nintendo fan, I would love them to sell as many hardware as possible in order to insure continous support of the platform.

Still don't see why you'd want that. It's the first-party exclusives that sell Ninty platforms, it doesn't need to worry about having third party exclusives. The only third party exclusives that'd have huge impacts on sales will never be exclusive to the Wii U, or any other system imo.

So my answer to the question is none, but I don't want them to be exclusive to the other platforms either because no system needs third-party exclusives to survive and thrive so I see no real benefit to the consumer.

Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, DragonQuest and Kingdom Hearts are potential 3rd party exclusives that would push system sales especially in Japan.  I know it wouldn't be fair to the other 2 systems, since Nintendo's 1st party titles push hardware by themselves.  However, Nintendo does need to recapture the core and the best way to do this is acquiring 3rd party titles that appeal to the core.

KH3 WiiU anyone?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
KH3 WiiU anyone?

I'm giving a hell yah for that one!!! Project Kingdom shoud be started right away!!!

Why are some people acting like just because Nintendo decided to financially back a 3rd party for exclusivity, they're suddenly going to start throwing money at 3rd parties next gen?