By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I walked to my local Gamestop like this with my body (is) ready...

Did you preordered the Deluxe Set?

Heck yeah! Just in time! 40 37.74%

Barely, but luckily I got to reserve it 6 5.66%

WTF GAMESTOP/BESTBUY/WHER... 6 5.66%

I was too late. My body wasn't ready enough. 8 7.55%

My wallet wasn't ready. 25 23.58%

I got hit by a taxi 'cau... 18 16.98%

Total:103
osed125 said:
Chandler said:
anybody has a link to the original gangnam style music video? There are like 3 billion parodys and live performances but I cant find the original at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 

Thanks and now I know why I can't find it, its blocked in germany.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
usrevenge said:
so, they are only having like 1million units available at launch to create a rush again?

I don't think there is any confirmation of any kind on launch day numbers, but if it is 1 million, that is a lot of units to manufacture, package, and distribute. Also keep in mind that they are doing a global launch (US, Europe, Japan, and Australia). Each week will bring more units into stores.

They probably have finalized hardware and manufacturing processes by now so I assume they are in hyper drive on manufacturing committing various allotment sizes to different retailers.

As far as I know, GameStop, Target, and Bestbuy each started offering pre-orders, and the Deluxe allotment for each of them has run out with the Basic one starting to get near capacity as well.

Walmart still has bundles available since they went with Custom "your choice" bundle where you can pick which game you will get with either White or Black and they pack in a Wii Motion Plus controller as well.

Amazon is still not offering any Wii U consoles.

I wonder how much of this initial rapid sell through is to those scum that buy just to scalp on E-Bay for a margin.

I just barely got mine reserved yesterday. A soon as I head they're were already selling out, I thought well there goes my dream of being in the midnight launch. As I never been to a console launch ever. But thankfully my local gamestop still had some wii us in stock. They did however ran out of the deluxe edition :( so I was willing to settle for the base bundle.

I actualy thought I hit a snag when preordering cause gamestop wanted a 50 dollar deposite. I was like uh...oh. I'm almost out of money in my account but luckly I had enough; and with the 5 bucks I had in my wallet, that helped soften the blow a little bit. Midnight launch here I come!

But first I gotta deposit more $ in my account.

Red4ADevil said:
I just barely got mine reserved yesterday. A soon as I head they're were already selling out, I thought well there goes my dream of being in the midnight launch. As I never been to a console launch ever. But thankfully my local gamestop still had some wii us in stock. They did however ran out of the deluxe edition :( so I was willing to settle for the base bundle.

I actualy thought I hit a snag when preordering cause gamestop wanted a 50 dollar deposite. I was like uh...oh. I'm almost out of money in my account but luckly I had enough; and with the 5 bucks I had in my wallet, that helped soften the blow a little bit. Midnight launch here I come!

50 bucks for a deposite? for reals? well I guess thats common, but I had a 25 down payment instead of 50 'cause the gamestop guy said so lol. I know the deluxe version is the not a doubt the best set to get, but a basic is totally fine. Flash drives are cheap this days so it's not a burden in the wallet to buy one to improve the 8 gb size and white looks as sexy as the black. So dude you're body is all set for launch.

Wii U Demos in *FPS* View  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PxDxI

DRAE_nmhar said:
Red4ADevil said:

50 bucks for a deposite? for reals? well I guess thats common, but I had a 25 down payment instead of 50 'cause the gamestop guy said so lol. I know the deluxe version is the not a doubt the best set to get, but a basic is totally fine. Flash drives are cheap this days so it's not a burden in the wallet to buy one to improve the 8 gb size and white looks as sexy as the black. So dude you're body is all set for launch.

Yeah, thanks for re-assurance. Now that I think about it, I can expand its capacity a little farther than the deluxe edition (that is if someone with the Delux over shoots me with their 32G expansion :P) ; and it will only cost me 20-30 bucks more.

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
As a gamer I'm pretty excited about the Wii U. Pre-ordered two black premium bundles :) sell the other one on ebay to make a profit and buy some wii u games. Does that make me mean? :s As an investor of 400 NTDOY stock, I found the link to the interview to be quite interesting. Wii U will be huge man woosh.

Eh, at least you're keeping one for yourself

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .