By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game developer/company decision pissed you off this generation?

What are you?

Nintendo Fan 24 27.91%

Sony Fan 20 23.26%

Microsoft Fan 6 6.98%

I'm a Video Game Fan 36 41.86%

Total:86

Capcom's actually been pretty good to me as an Individual gamer. SF4 series was an absolute love letter to Street Fighter 2 fans. I still play it 4 years after its original release. It helps that a lot of my personal friends and some brothers are also fans of the game. I'm still popping it in every other weekend.

Resident Evil 5 was a fantastic co-op game. Not a good survival horror but a very rich multiplayer experience. My -now- 17 year old nephew jokingly argues that people who didn't like it have no friends. I'm pretty sure he stole that joke from me. We plan on playing RE6 together when it comes out.

Capcom only recently pissed me off with SFxTekken. And it's really not about the DLC controversy. The game played more like a generic tag team mash-up than a solid, balanced fighter like Street Fighter 4. They took a god awful ugly art direction -very sharp, very shiny. I could have lived with the graphics but the game was no where near as balanced as 4.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I think I'd have to say Square Enix. They've made a lot of bad decisions this generation with so many RPGs I don't have to mention.

As for a company I generally dislike, Bethesda. I just don't like their games.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Square-Enix, for still not releasing Versus and causing Kingdom Hearts 3 to be delayed even further. Also, for how unexciting FF games have been starting with XII.

Capcpom has been super great*! I demand you take off that banner!

*valid for the last 24 hours :)

No, really, for DS/3DS fans they have. My pet-peeve was Monster Hunter, but now that that's settled, I can tell you that at least to me, they're being fantastic.

My complaint is Rockstar really ignoring Nintendo. GTA is one of the few western games I play, on PS2 and now PC, but for some reason (a lot of reasons) I think it's a game that would work amazingly well on Wii U's gamepad. But there won't be one. Bethesda is another one. It would be good for Nintendo to get their support, but since I don't mind their games, it doesn't affect me personally.

EDIT: last gen only? Hmm...

I got nothing. Played everything I wanted.

Codemasters for reducing a great name in rally racing to dumb car tricks.
Bioware, started of great this gen, I lost all faith now.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Sony trying to sell their PS3 for 600 dollars, nothing else comes close IMHO

Hey guess what it cost Sony over $800 to make a PS3 that's a loss of over $200 per console and you think they should have taken more? what next they should give all games away for free?

Every countdown site ever.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Naughty Dog not making another Jak and Daxter and Sony's infamous "599 US Dollars" debacle.

None really. Perhaps faulty hardware for original 360's but i didn't buy one. So i am good with all three.

Zipper Interactive. Back in the day, they made some of my favorite games ever. SOCOM 1, 2, FTB1, FTB2, etc. I used to take my PSP and a copy of FTB2 everywhere I went. I had the most fun online ever with that game. Unfortunately, as the saying goes, "They don't make 'em like that any more." Zipper went on to develop Socom 4 which was really nothing like past games. Definitely my biggest disappointment since Dragonball Evolution. *sigh*

Team Ico. Seriously, what the f**k is going on with The Last Guardian? No explanation is needed.