By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop already selling out of Wii U Deluxe Set pre-orders! [Confirmed: today's the last day to preorder it!]

Nintendo Everything reader Andy Holland is telling us that his local GameStop is already selling out of Wii U Deluxe Set pre-orders. The manager of his store indicated that this is affecting the company as a whole.

“I just got back from my local Gamestop where I was told by its manager they are expected, as a company nationwide, to sell out of black Wii U pre-orders TODAY. If you’re interested in picking one up at your local store try to get in ASAP.”

I’ve never actually heard out of retailers selling out of pre-orders, especially one day after they become available. But Reggie did say that pre-orders have been very strong thus far… it’s always possible.

Run, guys!!!!

Around the Network
VicViper said:

I’ve never actually heard out of retailers selling out of pre-orders, especially one day after they become available. But Reggie did say that pre-orders have been very strong thus far… it’s always possible.

Not just 1 day after the announcement but a full 2 months before launch.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

oh crap. I am going at lunch (in 1hr) to my local best buy to pre-order it. God I hope I'm not screwed for not just ordering online.

Will try to pre-order two. ;)

Viper1 said:
VicViper said:

Not just 1 day after the announcement but a full 2 months before launch.

That's part of the news, BTW... not mine

superchunk said:
oh crap. I am going at lunch (in 1hr) to my local best buy to pre-order it. God I hope I'm not screwed for not just ordering online.

You damn profit mongers!!!!!!  You are just going to sell that on ebay for at least 100-200 dollars profit.

Around the Network

What?! Seriously? There goes my hopes of getting one any time soon XD (I live in Jordan atm and I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on one any time soon now...)

Oh well, Pikmin 3 isn't coming out for a while anyways -_-

sethnintendo said:
superchunk said:

You damn profit mongers!!!!!!  You are just going to sell that on ebay for at least 100-200 dollars profit.

Yep. My goal is to sell it for enough to actually pay for my Wii U. :) I may preorder 3 actually... just to be sure. Its not my fault others are lazy and don't get it done.

superchunk said:
sethnintendo said:
superchunk said:

Yep. My goal is to sell it for enough to actually pay for my Wii U. :) I may preorder 3 actually... just to be sure. Its not my fault others are lazy and don't get it done.

Shit go for 4.  If you can sell 3 at 200+ dollars profit on each then you will pay for your system and many games.  Won't be as crazy as the Wii when it was first launched but I can expect similar results.  There will be room for easy money from the parents that need to get their child the gift for christmas.

Update: Andy also told us this…

“The local Gamestop folks seem pretty reliable. They told me back in June/July to expect Wii U pre-orders in early September and were only off by a week on their guesstimate. I was very surprised to hear that they may stop offering black Wii U pre-orders today. I was told it wasn’t even a matter of one store being able to keep going until they hit a certain amount, that it was more of a nationwide cap. Weird, huh?”

Well, our man at Gamestop said here not too long ago that there wouldn't be a lot of consoles, and he gave the advise to be fast with the pre-orders.

He was right.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.