By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2: Developers Explain Why They Sided With Nintendo

Sammy, who is the owner of Sega, basically wants to be rid of Sega, I think it's basically that simple. They've forced Sega to basically close their Euro/North American divisions and go digital only in the future.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Sammy, who is the owner of Sega, basically wants to be rid of Sega, I think it's basically that simple. They've forced Sega to basically close their Euro/North American divisions and go digital only in the future.

That does seem to be the case. Sammy is doing well enough on their Pachinko business and such, all their problems are from Sega, so they're probably trimming it down to only the proven moneymakers, likely Total War, Sonic, Phantasy Star Online, and Hatsune Miku, being the only remaining boxed products.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Soleron said:
It's a business decision, they didn't "side" with anyone. Consoles aren't like football teams.

Yep, this explain why Epic Games have made some incredible games for PS3 in 6 years...

oniyide said:
ryuzaki57 said:

"we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of Platinum Games" > you just did, 350€ is hell alienating to me.

"allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch" > I sense some contradiction here.

Well those villains will have to brace themselves for a haaaaaard twitter week-end 'cause I'm coming give them a piece of my mind! 

you gotta let it go man, it isnt healthy

This is just the start

ryuzaki57 said:
oniyide said:
ryuzaki57 said:

"we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of Platinum Games" > you just did, 350€ is hell alienating to me.

"allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch" > I sense some contradiction here.

Well those villains will have to brace themselves for a haaaaaard twitter week-end 'cause I'm coming give them a piece of my mind! 

you gotta let it go man, it isnt healthy

This is just the start

f**k it, i tried. As a PS fan let me be clear i DONT endorse ryuzaki57's actions or stance. Good day

Around the Network

If Bayonetta had a fraction of the hype and press its sequel is getting at the moment, it would have sold tons better.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

spurgeonryan said:
chriscox1121 said:
spurgeonryan said:
They are just mad because now they will have to buy a Wii U even though they did not. Hopefully Nintendo can keep these gamers hooked.

yes, and there are quite a few people on board to buy a wii for Bayonetta, hence one of the reasons Nintendo scooped it up

Que? Do I sense sarcasm? You lost me at Qii.

No, just agreeing and I meant to put Wii U*.  Nintendo is trying to give reasons for so called "hardcore" gamers to garner interest in their console.  Some are willing to jump on the band wagon while most of the the haters were never interested in Nintendo to begin with they just want to hurl insults.  

oldschoolfool said:
Cobretti2 said:
this is so stupid

buy all three consoles. That is what I did as a Wii onwer because Nintendo took a completely different direction.

Can't afford it? Then fucking save money, they aren't due out for another year.

I personally don't care about the bayonetta series,but come on unless your a hardcore gamer,no one is going to do that. It's not that simple,for some people.

a hardcore gamer would  be the only one complaing about a game like bayonetta not coming to their console.

Well they had 2 choices... make money, or not make money.

They went with make money. Always a good decision.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ghutto said:
Soleron said:
It's a business decision, they didn't "side" with anyone. Consoles aren't like football teams.

Yep, this explain why Epic Games have made some incredible games for PS3 in 6 years...

Could more likely be that another platform holder was funding a series that hit big and their resources were being put into that? Developers can only make so many games. As soon as a project had a 3rd party publisher (Bulletstorm) it was multi platform ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.