By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So where does Bayonnetta 2 exclusivity to the Wii U Rank all time in Gaming media surprises?

Examples: Gabe Newell showing up at a ps3 conference and releasing a game for the ps3, RE4 GC exclusive, ect...

I think its pretty high up there, the gamers reaction to it is actually hilarious

Around the Network

I didn't expect it at all so it was a big surprise in that regard. However, the game itself isn't that big, so it doesn't rank as high as some other megatons like FFXIII going multiplat for example.

I was pretty shocked by the reaction, it just seems a bit disproportional to the game imo. Resulted in some pretty funny comments, though lol

I'm not really surprised, as I was expecting something new on the Wii U. I was expecting a third party Wii U exclusive, and something from Platnium Games was something I was considering, but Bayonetta 2....it's odd.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

It was extremely shocking tbh, specially since the game was cancelled a while back ago.

And I think people are overreacting, most of this people having "meltdowns" probably haven't played Bayonetta.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Surprising, but not really a huge deal either way. The thing is, a lot of the people who liked Bayonetta REALLY liked Bayonetta. In that sense, I can understand their annoyance with Platinum. I hate to see any game go from multi-platform to exclusive, it feels like the the studio values the money from the console manufacturer over the loyalty of the fans. It's not something I like to support, personally.

It is something of a coup, though. Not that the franchise is that huge, but that it's a sexualized hack 'n' slash, which seems to be something Nintendo wants to prove they can provide.

Around the Network
osed125 said:

It was extremely shocking tbh, specially since the game was cancelled a while back ago.

And I think people are overreacting, most of this people having "meltdowns" probably haven't played Bayonetta.

Hate train. Come join. Bayonetta sales was not a success. It broke even or something, though?

The mediocre sales was the cause of B2 being canceled in the first place.

Now, Nintendo (moneyhat) brought it back and people get butthurt over it.

I was very surprised, especially considering the type of game Bayonetta is. I'm predicting it will sell horribly and go multiplat, just like No More Heroes for the Wii and most of the early 360 JRPGs.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

pokoko said:
Surprising, but not really a huge deal either way. The thing is, a lot of the people who liked Bayonetta REALLY liked Bayonetta. In that sense, I can understand their annoyance with Platinum. I hate to see any game go from multi-platform to exclusive, it feels like the the studio values the money from the console manufacturer over the loyalty of the fans. It's not something I like to support, personally.

It is something of a coup, though. Not that the franchise is that huge, but that it's a sexualized hack 'n' slash, which seems to be something Nintendo wants to prove they can provide.

@bold To be fair that was probably the only option Platinum Games had, if they hadn't took that chance the game was probably never gonna be release in any format.

Nintendo and PC gamer

For all we know PG offered it too both MS and Sony and they said no thanks, they might even have gone to other third parties who said no. Fact is that it was on WiiU or no game at all

osed125 said:
pokoko said:

@bold To be fair that was probably the only option Platinum Games had, if they hadn't took that chance the game was probably never gonna be release in any format.

Maybe, maybe not. It sold almost 2 million (over 1mil on the PS3 alone), so there would've been a stong case for a sequel. Also, they take the risk of losing the fanbase they've started to build by making the game exclusive to a console that nobody owns.

I am the Playstation Avenger.