By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is WiiU more than 4x the power of 360 and PS3? 4 megapixel resolution?

Around the Network
pezus said:

You make it sound like this was intended. Was it?

no but he tries to let us think that

crissindahouse said:
superchunk said:
crissindahouse said:

he didn't say it will run in full hd, he said wii u runs in full hd and up to 60fps (cod will run in 60fps but probably/maybe not in 1080p)

wat? did you even read what you wrote?

The only question is if "full hd" based on what he said means 1080p as it should or just generic HD... i.e. 720p and up.

sure, i wrote that he said wii u runs in full hd which we all know for months now but he did never say cod will run in "full hd". what's your problem exactly?

btw i changed that a little bit because he said "Nintendo’s new machine runs in full HD at up to 60 frames per second"

ummmm, no he was talking about the game and that it runs on Wii U in full HD at COD's 60FPS. Rewatch the video.

drkohler said:
JazzB1987 said:

But what does this mean? 

1920x1080  +  854x480 =  2774x1560  = 4.3 megapixels   thats more than 4x times the pixel count of the usual 1280x720p on todays  "HD twins".  (4.69 times the resolution to be exact)

There is no gif in the world that shows enough facepalms for this "math eloquence"

Maybe this will suffice for now.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

pezus said:
Also, I don't think Black Ops II will even run natively at 1080p on Wii U. You're telling me that Treyarch, who barely bother with the graphics nowadays, can do 1080p60fps at launch when not even Nintendo can do that with their games?

I am also not sure if the game will keep being 1080p when a second player joins with the pad. Maybe the TV resolution drops to 1280x720 then  but who knows.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

In fact its 2073600 pixels (1920x1080)   +  409920 pixels (854x480) therefore the max resolution can only be  2.48 megapixels and not 4.3 megapixels. 

No the max resolution likely is 1920*1080 pixels. You cannot simply add numbers this way.

crissindahouse said:
pezus said:

You make it sound like this was intended. Was it?

no but he tries to let us think that

Actually it was thats why I tried to write the whole thing like a news article lol   but it's okay if you don't believe me ;)

superchunk said:
crissindahouse said:
superchunk said:
crissindahouse said:

he didn't say it will run in full hd, he said wii u runs in full hd and up to 60fps (cod will run in 60fps but probably/maybe not in 1080p)

The only question is if "full hd" based on what he said means 1080p as it should or just generic HD... i.e. 720p and up.

sure, i wrote that he said wii u runs in full hd which we all know for months now but he did never say cod will run in "full hd". what's your problem exactly?

btw i changed that a little bit because he said "Nintendo’s new machine runs in full HD at up to 60 frames per second"

ummmm, no he was talking about the game and that it runs on Wii U in full HD at COD's 60FPS. Rewatch the video.

ok maybe he said something else as i read in lilbroex's thread where i quoted the statement from.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147595&page=1

€dit: ok now i saw that was added by the news writer and no direct quote of that guy, do you have the video, no clue which i have to search for?

I think 4x is the goal Nintendo had set for themselves; seeing how much system, visual, and embedded RAM is available for the system. The PS3 has 256MB locked in for visuals and 256 MB locked for the system and used 120MB (down to 60MB last I checked) for the OS. The X360 is more developer friendly in that the whole 512MB is shared between CPU and GPU with only 32MB being occupied by the OS. The Wii U on the other hand has a total of 2GB of RAM  (1GB for visuals and 1GB for system/OS), in addition to loads of embedded memory. The GPU for the 360 has 10MB eDRAM, 0MB for the PS3 and probably as much as 40MB of 1TSRAM (Nintendo owns MoSys) for the Wii U, as the developers have praised the amount of embedded RAM on that system. It'll be interesting to see if the IGN rumor does come true. They stated that the Durango is 5-6x more powerful as the X360 and seeing that they "GUESSED" correctly that the Wii U is gonna be 4-4.5x more powerful than current gen it might have some truth to it.

superchunk said:
crissindahouse said:
superchunk said:
crissindahouse said:

does it matter what he said? people hear what they want to hear! I heard it was in 4K!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(