By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision’s Hirshberg praises unprecedented levels of realism on Wii U

He said exactly what the other devs said "best graphics for a Nintendo system" which isn't shocking considering the Wii's graphics were marginally better than the original Xbox.

Graphics don't mean a whole lot to me but its annoying hearing all these devs basically playing nice-nasty with Nintendo as if they never produced great graphics in past gens.

Around the Network

“We’ve never been able to achieve this level of realism before on a Nintendo platform.” Which isn't saying much. How does it compare to PS3 or Xbox360? Why DIDN'T he compare it to those consoles, just saying it's better than the old standard def nintendos???

FrancisNobleman said:
superchunk said:

It won't be better than PC... at best it will equal and that is unlikely.

hmmm.. care to elaborate ??

Is that any indication that this effort is being put onto PC too ?

I'm asking a legit question, if the PC version doesn't have any enhancements for DX11 I think the Wii U version could hold a candle for the best version of CoD this year. Unfortunatelly such title wouldn't be much of a feat lol, but nonetheless it is a legit question.

PC is pretty much always best version and I have no idea if it utilizes DX11.

Wii U could be based off of settings/features of PC or  PS360... I don't know. I know it will be at least as good as Ps360, but likely better. The better could be up to the PC max level or more than likely a bit worse.

Overall, it shouldn't matter as it will be awesome at 60fps with great control options as well.

Hm.. I didn't think too much of the comment during the press conference. Sounded like a really bad PR-way of trying not to compare Wii U with any current or next gen consoles on Sony/Microsoft.

Around the Network

I just copy and paste. Take it up with the author.

he kept on saying "on a Nintendo platform" which was annoying as hell as it will have more power than the other two he could have said the best graphics on any console yet!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

He honestly couldn't say its better than the 360 or PS3. It would have brought hell.

lilbroex said:
LOL. It's hilarious the way people leap to dismiss this. Today has been a bad day to be a Sony/Microsoft fan.

Why is that?

I thought it was lovely, and lol at all the Sony fans flooding the thread. Wow so they still believe its weaker even with the major improvements in hardware. 4x the total ram of PS3/360 isn't exactly going backwards. But I'll definitely have Black Ops II later this year, Support for all those controllers, including WiiRemote and nunchuck. We can finally see which is superior between Wii remotes and Dual Analog.