By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh boy , IGN is doing another TOP 100 list - TOP 100 RPGS ALL TIME

Tagged games:

do you like this top 100 bs?

no 74 53.24%

yes 46 33.09%

results 18 12.95%

Total:138

Diablo is better then Final Fantasy ?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I see only one Fire Emblem on the list and far behind Ogre Battle at that.

But it doesn't really matter, because there are lots of PC games in this top 100. This is what I call "bad by default".

Yeah, Radiant Dawn should have been on there, and far fewer place behind the Ogre games

Come on this is the most random list that I have ever seen.

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
Diablo is better then Final Fantasy ?

1 and 1? Or 2 and VII?

For what I've played and seen of both, I'd say I enjoyed Diablo more. Many people will disagree no doubt.

Diablo 3 and Final Fantasy 8

Diablo II, Baldur's Gate II, FFVI, FFIV and Chrono Trigger being in the Top 10 makes me happy. :)
Valkyrie Profile 1/2 and Terrangima (wasn't released in NA so it's almost understandable) not making the list at all makes me sad. :(
You just can't have it all, can you?

Around the Network

Dark Cloud 2 didn't even make the list but dun worry people, Monster Hunter Tri made it! And it's not even a RPG!

-.-

FFVII 11th and FFVI 1st?

Ouch.

Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:

What you "choose to see" has no bearing on reality.

Skyrim would need to somewhere between double and triple its current sales to come within striking distance of Red and Blue, and that's not happening.

You can say "Skyrim is the best-selling RPG that isn't Pokemon" and that would be much closer to true, but that caveat is important.

But don't you understand the impact it would have to be able to shut up all the haters by saying "dude, Skyrim is the best selling RPG of all time"?

It doesn't sound powerful to say "dude, Skyrim is the best selling RPG that isn't Pokemon of all time".

It won't have any impact on real discussions of quality, so you can abandon that line of thought more or less immediately.

Yes, but sometimes in game discussions people draw up the sales and popularity of a game to prove its quality (I don't do it, but some people do) and it would have felt nice to have that argument as a backup.

Your sense of humor is back

I only agree with the 1st place, after all FFVI is my favorite RPG of all time, but other than that I don't agree with anything on this list (how is it possible Persona 3 and Golden Sun are low on the list -.-') and I was disappointed to see only 1 game in the Fire emblem franchise. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Not in love with the list, but Golden Sun at #50 makes it hard for me to hate. It's one of the few games I'm nostalgia-blinded about.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero