By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space 3 : The first AAAA game?

Tagged games:

Makes sense. New gen, more letters.

Around the Network
iFlow said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
iFlow said:
This isn't even related to the topic, but I remember reading awhile ago that if Dead Space fails to sale so much, then EA was gonna drop the studio..anyone know if this is true?

Yeah, they said it needs to become a 5 million selling franchise for them to bother keeping the series alive.

Wow, that is messed up. May sound kinda like an asshat, but I actually hope EA drops them so a better publisher can grab the reigns.

To clarify, no they will not drop the studio just the IP. The studio was formaly the rather successful EA Redwood and they changed the name to visceral games to focus on games that fit in that catagory. They already have an army of two game already scheduled for 2013.

chocoloco said:
iFlow said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
iFlow said:
This isn't even related to the topic, but I remember reading awhile ago that if Dead Space fails to sale so much, then EA was gonna drop the studio..anyone know if this is true?

Yeah, they said it needs to become a 5 million selling franchise for them to bother keeping the series alive.

Wow, that is messed up. May sound kinda like an asshat, but I actually hope EA drops them so a better publisher can grab the reigns.

To clarify, no they will not drop the studio just the IP. The studio was formaly the rather successful EA Redwood and they changed the name to visceral games to focus on games that fit in that catagory. They already have an army of two game already scheduled for 2013.

Ahh crap. Well, I will be helping DS stay as the pinnacle of the horror TPS genre!

I hope the game is so great,that when people play the game,it will change there lives.

i went to the future,5 blades in a razor and quad A games and still everyone complains

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
okr said:
Makes sense. New gen, more letters.

But Dead Space 3 is for this gen, not next gen.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Just make it great like Dead Space and Dead Space 2 and you've got my buy.

Proclus said:

I guess they lost you then...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Proclus said:

I guess they lost you then...

How's that? We've only seen small parts so far, I'd rather not jump to conclusions just because their demo's so far have been a bit more action focused.

So two drunks are getting together to make this game?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger