By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bioshock Infinite Confirmed for Wii U, Development Begins After PS3/XBox 360 Release

i wonder what the OP was hoping by posting such an old rumor that had already been debunked

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

I think we'll eventually see ports of games like Bioshock 3 on the Wii U, probably 6-12 months after release when they inevitably come out with the "GOTY Edition" featuring extra stuff like DLC on disk. Kinda like what they're doing with Batman: Arkham City.

Basically Nintendo fans, it all comes down to you to convince 3rd parties to throw more support behind the Wii U (because lord knows Nintendo sure as hell ain't gonna do it), and the best way to do that is by using ur wallets and going out and picking up games like ZombiU, Darksiders II, AssCreed3 and even the Batman port in droves. If other third parties see the Wii U as a viable platform for their titles, they'll start releasing games for it along side the PS360 versions. If they see games like those I mentioned above struggle, and there's nothing but Mario and casual games at the top of the sales charts every month, they're going to stay away from the system.

thats not really fair though, lets be real here, the audience for those games have been on the PS360/PC for awhile. I cant see how anyone could think that the multiplat versions of those games would even come close to those of HD systems that have been on the market fo years. But heres my thing, WHY why do Ninty fans have to show 3rd parties anything?? Why cant a port sell a few copies and they be satistisfied, I dont recall say BIOSHOCK 1 jumping to PS3 or ME and anyone saying SONY fans have to show 3rd parties the games can sell (and they did) isnt that they same thing they said with the Wii and looked how that turned out. 

the_dengle said:
No, no, no, no, NO. This is like a month-old rumor that cropped up again for no good reason. Seriously, check the source, it's from the beginning of August. The rumor was pretty much confirmed FALSE.

Sure, it could still happen, but THIS IS NOT CONFIRMATION.

Yeah, I read that it was false as well a couple of weeks after the rumor surfaced.

I'm not getting excited again until I hear it straight from Levine.

So not til after the other versions huh?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

archbrix said:
the_dengle said:
No, no, no, no, NO. This is like a month-old rumor that cropped up again for no good reason. Seriously, check the source, it's from the beginning of August. The rumor was pretty much confirmed FALSE.

Sure, it could still happen, but THIS IS NOT CONFIRMATION.

Yeah, I read that it was false as well a couple of weeks after the rumor surfaced.

I'm not getting excited again until I hear it straight from Levine.

From his twitter:

RT : ports to the Wii U will hurt the consoles rep and 3rd parties sales --No wiiu vers announced.

So no.

And apparently late multiplatform ports hurts the system and the seller. That's correct kids, you heard it here first.

Players gauge how seriously developers take the creation of their games in a lot of different ways: visual polish, variety of features, and timeliness of release, to name a few. Bringing your game to a console long after it's already available on the competition makes it feel like an afterthought. The idea that third parties don't put their best resources towards Nintendo consoles is already a core belief among many in the gaming community. This kind of late porting will promulgate that notion, perpetuating the old pattern of consumers ignoring third party games on the Wii U, lower sales of multi-platform Wii U titles, diminished third party support on the console, and so forth.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Good for the wii u, but it might be a little too late, by the time it actually comes out (2014/15). By then, most people who wanted would of played it, and it probably won't sell so well. A bit like Mass Effect 2 on ps3, which came out a year late and didn't sell so well because of it

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

File this under 'Old Ass News From Over a Month Ago' (that may very well not be true):
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/bioshock-infinite-coming-to-wii-u/

Awesome thread.

pezus said:
the2real4mafol said:
Good for the wii u, but it might be a little too late, by the time it actually comes out (2014/15). By then, most people who wanted would of played it, and it probably won't sell so well. A bit like Mass Effect 2 on ps3, which came out a year late and didn't sell so well because of it

Mass Effect 2 has sold 1.18m so far on PS3. I'd say that is damn good for a late port of a sequel in such a story heavy franchise.

It sold 2.9 million on xbox 360, which is  alot higher. It could of been closer if they came out at the same time. But I have it on PS3, it's a good game.

It's suprising that Mass Effect 3 did worse on both formats though. X360-2.4 million and PS3-0.9 million

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

pezus said:
the2real4mafol said:

Mass Effect 2 has sold 1.18m so far on PS3. I'd say that is damn good for a late port of a sequel in such a story heavy franchise.

problem is that most gamers interested in games like that own one of both hd consoles. people who only had a ps3 bought bioshock or mass effect 2 later for ps3 but with bioshock infinite for ps3 and 360, i don't see many interested in it with not even one of both consoles.

it would be still great as long as the developer doesn't complain about low sales and wonÄt stop to make more games then for that console.

Well, Ken Levine's back on the shit-list.

Let's get out the torches and pitchforks, folks!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.