By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bioshock Infinite Confirmed for Wii U, Development Begins After PS3/XBox 360 Release

VicViper said:
zarx said:
Mr Khan said:
Huh, so that sets 2K Games back on their whole "no core support for Wii U early on" thing.

Good news. Good news.

Isn't Bioshock Infinite a mid/late 2013 release now? add an extra 4-6 months to port and you are probably looking at a late 2014 release. Hardly early support.

It's for early 2013

"BioShock Infinite has been delayed to 2013. Despite a prior announcement that the game would hit stores on October 16th of this year, director Ken Levine has now revealed a new release date of February 26, 2013."

Supposing the game goes gold 1 month (maybe more?) before release, we could be looking at development starting 2 months after Wii U releases.

Ah I guess the 2K not listing it for 2013 financial year was just a mistake then. Development of the game seems kinda crazy with all the people leaving etc. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

So the game might come to Wii U and people still complain?? jeez louise

Aw-some.
Will probably not have Wiimote support though so it's still the PC version for me.

Really good news, too bad we'll have to wait so long.

I'll get this this on the PC but if they add a lot of cool features and extra content on the Wii U I'll most likely buy it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Guys, something's not right.

There's no Bioshock coming to Wii U according to K. Levine

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
Guys, something's not right.

There's no Bioshock coming to Wii U according to K. Levine

ouch, kinda hope its not true or they change their minds. I like the series was glad when it made the jump to PS3, as much people as possible should check it out

GTA back to 0.5%... :(

No, no, no, no, NO. This is like a month-old rumor that cropped up again for no good reason. Seriously, check the source, it's from the beginning of August. The rumor was pretty much confirmed FALSE.

Sure, it could still happen, but THIS IS NOT CONFIRMATION.

This thread fails

I think we'll eventually see ports of games like Bioshock 3 on the Wii U, probably 6-12 months after release when they inevitably come out with the "GOTY Edition" featuring extra stuff like DLC on disk. Kinda like what they're doing with Batman: Arkham City.

Basically Nintendo fans, it all comes down to you to convince 3rd parties to throw more support behind the Wii U (because lord knows Nintendo sure as hell ain't gonna do it), and the best way to do that is by using ur wallets and going out and picking up games like ZombiU, Darksiders II, AssCreed3 and even the Batman port in droves. If other third parties see the Wii U as a viable platform for their titles, they'll start releasing games for it along side the PS360 versions. If they see games like those I mentioned above struggle, and there's nothing but Mario and casual games at the top of the sales charts every month, they're going to stay away from the system.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.